Laundry Question

Hi, I was wondering how difficult it is to do laundry on a ship? We are on a rather tight budget, and the cost of the ships laundry service is more than we can pay. I am planning on getting light weight clothing. The only "heavy" itmes will be jeans, and the dressy stuff, I dont plan on wearing them more than once :) Any tips and tricks would be appreciated. We will be on RCI Enchantment of the Seas.

Thanks

RCI does not have any self-laundry facilities. You will find that you really don't get your clothes dirty, and can wear them more than once. It really isn't like the Love Boat where people change clothes many times a day.

Enchantment does not have self-serve laundry facilities. Most Princess ships have self-serve laundry. We used it a couple of times in February, but my favorite time was our last sea day because we didn't go home with only dirty clothes! We took our powdered soap pre-measured in ziplocks and labeled w/sharpie in case anyone questioned what it was. Took individual bags and put in a gallon bag. Easy to pack and saved from buying their soap.

Not sure what your itinerary is but if it's the Caribbean you will probably find that you're in your swimsuits alot too as most of your time is spent at the pool or on beach/water type excursions.

One thing my sister and I do is try to use an outfit twice. For example, we'll wear a sundress or such to dinner and then wear it ashore if all we are going to do is walk around the port. And depending on the length of the cruise, we'll take one or two pairs of slacks or skirt and a few tops that can go with them. Then you can use your pants several times but your outfit can look different with a top change.

As Sheffie said, you really can wear something more than once and you will find that you don't change your clothes as much as you think you would.

Archived