Anyone interested in forming a group for Explorer for December 23, 2007

Hello,

I've been lurking on these boards for about 3 years now and, I am finally taking the chance of posting. I'd like to try to form a group for the 12 night, December 23, 2007 sailing on Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, New Jersey.

I have several co-workers and friends interested in the sailing but, we need more people to form a complete group. I saw a thread on here and it seemed like a lot of people are interested.

This would be an official Cruise Critic cruise, and, we would be booking through an approved Cruise Critic travel agency. I haven't formally asked to start the group because I want to see if there is enough interest before I stick my neck out doing it.

So, if you might be interested please post here or email me at john.ch.duncan@gmail.com

I was under the impression that we could get better pricing as a group plus some perks. If I'm wrong, we'll drop this right now. This is why I was hesitant to post but, I'll keep it up here for a while and see anyone else is interested. Thanks to those of you who said you'd like to know more or would be interested.

John

PS - to make it clear, I am trying to form a group for pricing and amenities purposes, not really so much as a social aspect since it is a holiday sailing and i'm sure most will want to be with their own little sub-groups.

Hey, thanks for coming back and responding, John.

Since RC instituted its "no discounting" policy a couple of years ago, it's hard to find advantageous pricing even in a group. A TA booking a group MIGHT give perks, and MIGHT divvy up the GAP points and MIGHT divvy up the savings of that one free fare for every 8 cabins booked, but that doesn't come to all that much.

If you CAN find something wonderful, some of us may jump to you.

Glad that you'll be on the cruise with us!

By the way, speaking only for myself, I am a VERY social creature :) and not everyone travels with an entourage! ;)

Guest nhrich

Since the cruise is over Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if there were no GAP points offered.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Archived