Anyone book Canada/NE for 2007 yet?

If you have, I was just wondering about that C&A $99 discount. I could have sworn that I read it was for Caribbean, Bermuda and Canada/NE cruises. But yesterday I got a flyer in the mail about it and the NE cruises do not have the anchor symbol which designates the $99 discount. So I checked out the RCCL website and it does say Caribbean and Bermuda cruises. Hmmmm......I guess it was wishful thinking on my part.

Oh well, if there's no $99 discount at least I can use a coupon if it shows up later, which I couldn't do if I had that discount.

On the flyer I got it says Canada/NE. I heard it will come off the reservation automatically in about 2 weeks time. Not sure if that's correct though.

Recently booked a 2007 NE/Canada cruise through RCI but saw nothing about a coupon. Just curious where did the flyer come from? Is it only valid for certain levels. Looked all through CA but see nothing for 2007.

Always ready to save a buck if possible.

I got one flyer a few days ago from RCCL with a list of discounts and sailing dates, just like the coupons in the C&A magazine used to be. Then yesterday I got another flyer that is about the $99 discount on certain itineraries. A totally different thing. It is for "new qualifying reservations with names and deposit for 2007-2008 deployment for Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico and Bermuda itineraries." This is directly quoting the flyer. So I guess Canada/NE isn't included. The booking had to be made and deposited within 45 days of the "open for reservations date". In the fine print it says that it is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein. So I took that to mean you could not later apply a coupon to the booking. But since there is no discount for Canada/NE I can book and wait for a coupon.

Don't know if any of this has to do with the fact that we are only Gold members. Any thoughts?

I got one flyer a few days ago from RCCL with a list of discounts and sailing dates, just like the coupons in the C&A magazine used to be. Then yesterday I got another flyer that is about the $99 discount on certain itineraries. A totally different thing. It is for "new qualifying reservations with names and deposit for 2007-2008 deployment for Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico and Bermuda itineraries." This is directly quoting the flyer. So I guess Canada/NE isn't included. The booking had to be made and deposited within 45 days of the "open for reservations date". In the fine print it says that it is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein. So I took that to mean you could not later apply a coupon to the booking. But since there is no discount for Canada/NE I can book and wait for a coupon.

Don't know if any of this has to do with the fact that we are only Gold members. Any thoughts?

Did find the coupon area on RCI site, thanks to a link on another thread. While the headline wording tends to make one believe that the coupon is good for NE/Canada, the fine print says no. It appears that they are promoting cruises departing from Northeast ports other than for NE/Canada. Doesn't appear to be tied to any cruise level so I guess those of us going North will just have to pay full price. I have never had much luck hitting cruises that had any significant discount. Maybe someday.

Oh good, so I haven't completely lost my mind. We did the Canada/NE cruise in 2004 on the Jewel and we booked it as soon as it was posted. Later on there was a coupon for it and we were able to use it. The coupon showed up about 6 months before our sail date. We also were able to use one for our Alaska cruise, which I never thought would happen.

Archived