Conquest from NOLA?

GummyBear

1. Does anyone know if Carnival plans to bring the Conquest back to NOLA?. If so when?
  2. I also heard from someone who just got off the Holiday that Carnival plans to add a ship(s) in Mobile? Any info?

The general rumor is that the Conquest will not be back in NO but another Conquest class ship will be sent here. Probably a new one. Maybe the Freedom.

Just as long as we get one back soon for the 7 day cruises.

I agree NOLA is convenient from MGM also! I love the city of Mobile and wish they would get a bigger (nicer) ship there... I got to see the Holiday last weekend in Mobile. It gave me "Cruise Fever"!!!!

If only Carnival would decide about NOLA...

My PVP said he heard the Destiny was headed there, but I am not ready to beleive it.

As for Mobile...the Mayor of Mobile was literally begging Carnival for a second and larger ship there when the Holiday returned to service. He even pointed at the Elation in dry dock and said...why not just leave that ship here.

I would not look for a second ship in Mobile until NOLA is back open so they can see the real potential for the market.

Everything that everyone has said and posted in the past 9 months has been pure speculation and rumors at this point. That's why we're all so skeptical about what we hear any more.

Living smack dab in the middle between Mobile and NOLA, I'd settle for a CCL ship in either port doing a 7 day itinerary. It would be great to be able to catch some last minute deals and just GO!

In the meantime, we're defecting to RCI out of NOLA to do a 7 day. If there was a Carnival ship there, we wouldn't have thought twice but as it is, there wasn't a decision to be made.

Whatever they do, I wish they would announce it soon and get on with it!

Everything that everyone has said and posted in the past 9 months has been pure speculation and rumors at this point. That's why we're all so skeptical about what we hear any more.

Living smack dab in the middle between Mobile and NOLA, I'd settle for a CCL ship in either port doing a 7 day itinerary. It would be great to be able to catch some last minute deals and just GO!

In the meantime, we're defecting to RCI out of NOLA to do a 7 day. If there was a Carnival ship there, we wouldn't have thought twice but as it is, there wasn't a decision to be made.

Whatever they do, I wish they would announce it soon and get on with it!

I'm with you. Nola is one of my favorite ports to cruise from. I don't see Freedom coming there but Valor would work for me. :D

Hope you ca join us in Nola June 2-4th. We would love to see you again. Renee has my email addy.

We know the Freedom is eventually headed for a stint in Europe. If it does well, I see it staying there.

However, the Destiny or Valor would work well in New Orleans. I would be thrilled with either!!!

1. Does anyone know if Carnival plans to bring the Conquest back to NOLA?. If so when?
  2. I also heard from someone who just got off the Holiday that Carnival plans to add a ship(s) in Mobile? Any info?

I don't know where Carnival will get a free ship to place in Mobile. They seem to be concentrating on Alaska and the Med these days. They have just recently added two ships to the south Florida area as well. And then there's the huge speculaton over NO future as well. One things for sure. My guess is probably as good as anyone else's. :)

I've always felt like CCL made a commitment to Mobile and will stand by it. However, I still can't believe the Conquest with all it's Mardi Gras colors won't be brought back to the city it was always planned for. I think it's great for Galveston but miss it in NOLA.

This is purely my intuition but I can't see it being the Freedom because of the itineraries planned in Europe. I think they'll do something before the end of 2007 and think it will be some other ship.

They've said there WILL be another ship there but who really knows??? All I know is that I'm not interested in 4 and 5 day intineraries (it takes me 3 days to unwind!) so we need a 7 day someplace on the mid gulf coast.

Brenda - got your email address. I'll shoot you an email tonight! :D

Some friends of mine just got off the Conquest and they told me that several of the crew members were saying that the Conquest was going back to NOLA in November or December this year and that another cruise ship was comming to Galveston. I contacted Carnival to ask them and they told me that Conquest was still there all the way up till September of 2007 and that the Fantasy was going to NOLA.

Some friends of mine just got off the Conquest and they told me that several of the crew members were saying that the Conquest was going back to NOLA in November or December this year and that another cruise ship was comming to Galveston. I contacted Carnival to ask them and they told me that Conquest was still there all the way up till September of 2007 and that the Fantasy was going to NOLA.

Yes, the Sensation was scheduled to come back to NOLA in October, but now it will be the Fantasy because of Sensation's propulsion problems. Still no word on what will replace the Conquest there... hopefully we will all know soon.

Archived