Skagway excursions

rockmich

Hi- Trying to finalize shore excursions and have a couple of questions. We are traveling on Princess Cruise Lines. We are debating between Princess and Chilkoot Chartes Yukon Expedition and White Pass Trail excursions. Both combine a charter bus with railway, go to Carcross/Caribou crossing, Lake Bennett and have a BBQ lunch included. The difference is that the Princess excursion does not go to Emerald Lake. Has anyone done this excursion on Princess? How would you rate it? And, what would we be missing by not going to Emerald Lake? Another factor is that the Chilkoot tour has a 10% cancellation fee. Thanks-

Dear Rockmitch,

When are u planning on going to Alaska? I am going May 28th and will be doing the Chilkoot Charter Yukon rail and bus excursion.. so I will be able to give you some info on how I liked it.. I booked it only cause it does go to Emerald lake and since I am travelling alone only way for me to see it .. as I didn't want to do a drive by myself. I will be taking the tour June 1st.

Peg

Peg-

Thanks for the reply. We are not cruising until August 15. I read another post today re: Chilkoot and it sounds like they don't really enforce the 10% cancellation fee if you have a good reason to cancel. I will probably call tomorrow and book a reservation. But, after you cruise, please do let me know how it went!

Rockmich

No, there isn't. They really go out of their way to make things difficult - some people just don't understand that a Web site is supposed to make things simple and immediate.

For those of you who are using Chilkoot for the Yukon Rail and bus tour, can you please let me know what time the train leaves. We are booked for June, and they said we need to be off the ship by 7:30...don't know if we can do that since we are due at 7:30. Just wondering if we are better off using the cruise line tour.

Thanks, Nancy

is there anywhere on the Chilkoot tours page that has prices for the excursions? I am interested in the Yukon Bus and Rail excursion.

Bill

It's listed in some other posts/threads at being around $158 pp tax inc and $106 for children.

Nancy and Everybody,

The reason we booked this tour was to go to Emerald Lake. I have been told that is one of the highlights of this area.:)

If I were you, I would call Chilkoot at 877-983-3400 and ask them if you can go on the tour if your ship arrives at 7:30.

The answer to the ques. about cost. The cost of the Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion is $158.18 pp inc. tax. On Celebrity the same tour costs $173 pp.

Hope this helps.

Arlene

Archived