Just Booked Voyager March 2008 Galveston, Anyone Else Yet??

I had also booked the 9 Mar 08 cruise only to find that the spring break would be the week of 16 Mar 08 - seems RCCL knew that before I did as the rates are double for a GS for the 16 Mar sailing. I was told it is supply and demand and they expect to fill the cabins even with the high rates - so I booked a Princess cruise out of Ft Launderdale that is cheaper even with the airfare included.

We are traveling with a huge group of friends from the Clear Lake area (we originally had over 20 staterooms booked). We were booked in a great cabin 10th deck aft with a huge balcony for March 9 and then found out we are on Spring Break March 16 too! So we have decided to go the week of the 16th but boy were the prices higher! We now have about 12 staterooms going together and hopefully more to come.....

Me too :( Yes, it will turn out fine. I should have known the prices were too good to be true :) - haha. My mom is already crying about how bad it is going to suck knowing they have to come back as we are getting on the ship. She tried to change, but the prices were just too high and they were really set on their Junior Suite.

Yep, next school year should be interesting, starting later, ending later....it will be an adjustment. Sorry so many had to go through the same thing as I did, but glad some of you decided to also join the March 16th trip. Go to the March 16th Voyager roll call and sign up for the mix and mingle if you haven't already. I will be 36 and traveling w/ a 15yr old son and 13yr old daughter. Take care!!

Hi Kerry,

We will sure miss you on this cruise but know you will have a great time on the March 16 sailing.

We think everyone has gotten into a pattern for spring break and it looks like quite a few school districts are having it a little latter this year. We hope that some of you will still have spring break starting March 8, but we suspect that Royal Caribbean knew what was doing when it set its prices.

We wish those of you that are sailing on March 9th would join the roll call that Kerry started a few months ago. Let's get acquainted!

:) We booked a HC/ JS on the 10th deck for March 30th. I live in Clear Lake and my boyfriend, Houston. I learned about this ship coming to Galveston last year and could not wait to book. I have a TA friend who is taking care of everything for us. I noticed the higher prices, one week is for Easter and now I have learned the other is for Spring Break. Sorry about that:eek:, I feel for you.

Meirah and Alba

Carnival 2002

Celebrity 2003

Royal Caribbean 2004

Princess 2005

Royal Caribbean 2008

Archived