Grandeur during Christmas

We are taking a family trip the week of Dec. 16th-Dec 23rd on Grandeur. Can anyone tell me what it is like on the ship, (do they decorate,things like that). :)

I took my first Christmas cruise on HAL this past December and LOVED IT! It was so great that I'm doing it again this year. I'm sure it would be a similar experiance for you on RCI. The ship was beautiful. It was very understated and elegant. There was Caribbean flavored Christmas music playing everywhere, including the ship. (It was kind of weird hearing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" played on steel drums.) It was very nice to not have to cook or clean for the holidays. I didn't even bother decorating my house since the ship was so beautiful, and I was gone anyway. It made the holiday much less hasseled. I'm trying to talk my whole family into going with me because they stress out way too much over the holidays. The cruise can be our gift to each other and we can spend our money going on excursions together rather than on useless items no one needs.

You'll have a great time. Enjoy!

That is exactly why we chose to go for Christmas. Our family is Katrina survivors and we decided to spend time together. That is definately one thing we learned from this experience is material things don't matter and time is the best gift we can give one another. Thanks for the information

Holiday cruises are the best. Disney really goes all out with decor, especially on Castaway Cay, where we spent Xmas 2004. NCL does a nice job with decor, Santa reading stories and giving out presents to kids (spent Xmas 2005 on the Dawn). I've cruised RCI a number of times in December but not on the actual holiday. The ships usually have a nice sprinkling of decorations in the largest public areas; but as anothe rposted said, it's understated.

We were on Grandeur 12/26 to 12/31 in 2005 and the ship was decorated beautifully. You will not be disappointed!!! Grandeur had the best service of all the ships we have ever been on. We were on Mariner last week and compared to Grandeur, the service was bad. Our stateroom attendant and waiter never called us by name (on Grandeur they always did) and the head waiter was not good.

You will have a wonderful time!:)

Archived