Question on the handbag holder

zcat

My evening bags are all shoulder bags with a long chain. If you have a holder, my question is, will it work on long chain "straps"? All my evening and everyday bags are long straps. The pictures show short straps. I can't figure out how to put a long chain on the holder. Can anyone help?????

Some suggestions that come to mind...make a knot in the shoulder strap. This would shorten the strap enough to hang the purse. If it's a chain maybe you could hook the bag through one of the open links or if the shoulder strap is connected to the purse by an "O" ring you could hook it there. Does this make any sense?

I use these things all the time (cruise or not). If the strap is too long, I tie a loose knot, and if no strap, I hang the bag by the edge - there is always a way to use a purse hook! Anything to keep it off the floor:eek:

If your purse has a flap that snaps or buckles or otherwise holds the flap closed, try laying the chain across the open flap and then closing the flap so that you have a loop of chain sticking out of each side. Then hook both of these short loops over the hook.

Some suggestions that come to mind...make a knot in the shoulder strap. This would shorten the strap enough to hang the purse. If it's a chain maybe you could hook the bag through one of the open links or if the shoulder strap is connected to the purse by an "O" ring you could hook it there. Does this make any sense?

HIIIII yea you make sense BUT the chain in fine and no open links. Thanks so much for trying.

If your purse has a flap that snaps or buckles or otherwise holds the flap closed, try laying the chain across the open flap and then closing the flap so that you have a loop of chain sticking out of each side. Then hook both of these short loops over the hook.

The 3 evening bags are Whiting and Davis with a zipper at the top and a fine chain so that won't work - darn. Thanks anyway.

I use these things all the time (cruise or not). If the strap is too long, I tie a loose knot, and if no strap, I hang the bag by the edge - there is always a way to use a purse hook! Anything to keep it off the floor:eek:

I agree with you in keeping them off the floor makes my stomach turn thinking of putting them on any floor at any time. I have been known to put the strap around my neck in the ladies room. OK so I look like a fool but no one can see me ----- ahhhhh I hope. Will try putting a knot in the strap but the bags are heavy leather. Thanks a lot.

Is there something inside the purse that you can wrap one side of the chain around and then close the zipper on the bundle? Wrapping it a few times around a coin purse or brush should take up some slack without hurting the chain. I might even notch a piece of cardboard to keep in the purse at all times just for that purpose.

Or loop the chain over the hook and then under the purse like a sling.

Archived