Butterfly Farm - GC Question

We will be sailing on the Miracle 21 May - first time with our 1 year old daughter. Our daughter loves butterflies so we thought the Farm tour would be perfect for our family. My question is for anyone who has toured the Butterfly...what is the admission fee? Looking at the Carnival excursions, they want $52 for the Butterfly Farm and Beach tour. I am thinking we can do it a lot cheaper on our own (take a taxi to both). Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

Kimberly

TA, Bruce, for the link. I will email them directly.

Now for something completely different... I couldn't help but notice you are an avid scuba diver. My husband is as well (used to be a Dive Instructor in Nassau) though he is just starting to get back into it. Do you have any recommendations for the Western Caribbean? He is diving in Belize but is trying to decide between a dive in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. Have you heard about the diving in Cozumel after the hurricane?

Cheers.

TA, Bruce, for the link. I will email them directly.

Now for something completely different... I couldn't help but notice you are an avid scuba diver. My husband is as well (used to be a Dive Instructor in Nassau) though he is just starting to get back into it. Do you have any recommendations for the Western Caribbean? He is diving in Belize but is trying to decide between a dive in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. Have you heard about the diving in Cozumel after the hurricane?

Cheers.

Have I heard about diving Cozumel? Yep, but more importantly I have personal experience. I was there for a week in December 2005. Cozumel Underwater Photo Gallery. I thought the diving was still good, not quite as good as before the hurricane, but a little different than the previous year. Quite a few of the dive sites have changed. Lots of sand was removed from some of the sites and deposited on some of the near shore shallow areas. Swim thrus are more open. http://www.divewithalison.com and http://www.scubatony.com are worth a look. They are small boat operators that take a hands on, personalized approach to running their business.

However, Grand Cayman has excellent diving too. I recommend http://www.neptunesdivers.com there. Like just about everything, diving cost more in GCM than in Cozumel.

Last year the price was $10.00 if you let them know your are on a ship. I believe the normal was $15.00 if you are staying on the island, but that also comes with unlimited visits. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Archived