Jacksonville - I love priceline!

taylor712

My husband, me, and a friend are sailing 5/15 on the Celebration. Initially, we were going to drive from north GA to Jacksonville early monday morning, but schedule changes have allowed us to leave Mother's Day. We are staying at the Spring Hill Suites (by Marriott) in Jacksonville - South (doesn't seem too far from the port). I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Stacey

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our Celebration cruise - I posted a review on the Carnival boards. For $58 (including tax and other hotel charges), the SpringHill Suites (Deerwood) was a pretty good place to stay. We were on the 3rd floor. The room was large enough for 3 (we were given a king room, so our friend used the sleeper sofa). Breakfast was decent - choice of cereals, make your own waffles, fresh fruit, sausage patties (which were tasteless and greasy). Florida water is pretty rough and this hotel's was no exception. I'd recommend bringing a bottle of water for brushing your teeth. One slightly off-kilter thing was our bathtub/shower. There were stains ground into the porcelein (or whatever the material) - needless to stay, I waited until we boarded the ship to take a shower. The location is great - not too far from the port, easy to get to from any highway, and within walking distance of TGI Fridays, Copelands, etc... We were 5 minutes driving distance from several shopping centers, including 2 WalMarts and a Target (perfect for last minute shopping needs).

If not for the shower thing, it'd been a great stay. Hope they get that fixed.

Yea I auctually live about 5 mins from that hotel. The location is great for a traveler, There are over 2 dozen nice sit down resteraunts, within a 5 mins walk. Several fast food resteraunts right near it. As well as a movie theater behind it and a publix across the street. It is about a 15 (maybe 20 with traffic) min drive to downtown to the port. And you are right in between 2 large shopping malls within a 5 min drive. I have never auctually stayed in this hotel, but it is in one of the newer, developing areas of town. I am surprised to hear it did not appear to be that clean. That hotel is only about 3 years old. Either way. Happy to hear you enjoyed your cruise.

Did they offer a free shuttle to port or how much was it per person? Also do they offer free parking frfor the cruise?

As for the stains, don't know if this applies, but we have well water here nad have stains in our toilets, sinks, etc, but it is not because they aren't clean, but just from the water we have.

• 1 month later...

Do you have any suggestions for 1 adult and 3 young ladies for a post cruise hotel stay, somewhere near the beach that is less that $100. a night? We will be traveling during Spring Break 2007, so I know that is asking a bit much! Any help will be greatly appreciated. All the young ladies are college age. So if it is a party atmosphere it is ok:eek:.

Hi, I cannot help too much with hotels at the beachs as I have never stayed at any of them. But a friend of mine recentlly got married at this hotel:

Quality Suites

11 First Street North

Jacksonville Beach ,FL 32250

It is a pretty nice hotel. Nothing ritzy, but nice and clean. I did go up to the room where she was getting ready. They were married on the beach right outside the hotel and we used a conference room there for the reception. I think the room was in the $100-$150 range. It was a nice clean hotel. The cool thing about this hotel is that all of the rooms face the ocean. There are a couple os strip malls, McDonalds, and Sneakers bar and grill ( a local hangout, perfect for spring breakers) all withing a couple of blocks of the hotel.

I hope this helped a little.

Archived