Kayaking Tours - Any Suggestions??

mike10441

Heading northbound July 14 on Carnival Spirit and looking for recommendations on a kayak tour vendor. We have an Alaska TourSaver book and there are a few vendors in there. Anyone have experience with them?

Any advice would be appreciated!

19 days to departure and counting!!!

We used Southeast Sea Kayaks in Ketchikan and really loved the experience. They limit their tours to 6 people, so it's a personalized experience. We were the only paying guests on our trip. Our guide had just graduated from high school in Ketchikan and had grown up in the area. She was incredibly knowledgeable about the area. She really let us set the pace on the trip. The whole time, we never felt like we were paying guests. Instead, the whole operation made you feel like you were an old friend they hadn't seen in a while. If we were to go back, we would use this company again.

On the Inside Passage- my clear preference is also out of Ketchikan. Definately use the Southeast Kayaks coupon, they also may allow an upgrade??

Hi Budget Queen,

Where does one find a coupon for Southeast Kayaks? We have an excursion booked with them in a couple of weeks, but I didn't know anything about a coupon...

I purchased the toursaver coupon book just for the 2- for-1 Misty Fjiords floatplane trip with Southeast Aviation. The over all savings was $100, even though I used only one coupon in the whole book...I sold the rest of the book for $50 via a message board posting...so overall, I saved $150. I put it in the mailbox before I left Ketchikan.

By the way...the floatplane trip was probably the highlight of the trip for us. The scenery was incredible...worth every expensive penny! The folks at Southeast Aviation were great too: Contact Jim Kosmos @ http://southeastaviation.com/

Southeast Kayaks savings is $76 with the coupon...probably not worth it unless you will be using other coupons in the book. I considered also doing the Kayak trip, but I was afraid that we wouldn't have enough time to do it in addition to the floatplane.

There are other coupons for the Inner passage ports, but I didn't use them.

Go to http://www.toursaver.com/list.html#inside for the list of the deals.

But don't take the coupons out of the book, or they become void...the vender must do it.

Archived