Are there any other Club benefits ...

Besides the free cruise after 140 days and the club pricing on cruises.

Does Seabourn offer things like:

Free Internet

Free Laundry

Secret Handshakes

Free drinks in the Sky bar :D

On a side note and this is just my opinion, I thought it was a little tacky when I read in the Silverseas daily program that they wanted repeaters to wear their Venetian pins to dinner...

Blackbird, yes, Seabourn Club members are entitled to:

Sweet Purser's will send your free e-mails (only for the computer illiterates, like me)

David, the laundry Master will address your party invitations by calligraphy (he has an Italian hand)

Not only, secret handshakes, but secret huggggzzzz's

And FREE drinks flow in the Sky Bar, Club, Restaurant, Suites and even down on the Dock upon returning from an excursion!

And NO, we need not wear our "blood, sweat and tears" Club pin to dinner or functions!

Hope this answers a few of your questions!

MB

Blackbird, yes, Seabourn Club members are entitled to:

And NO, we need not wear our "blood, sweat and tears" Club pin to dinner or functions!

Hope this answers a few of your questions!

MB

Boy am I glad,,,, I was hoping I would not have to wear Texas Long Horns to dindin.....

After spending a year as a Red Raider, that would be toooooo much :D:D

But then again, after a year in Lubbock Texas, I had a pick, return to Lubbock or join the Army and go to Vietnam... I picked Vietnam :eek::eek:

I enjoy wearing my pins...

I wear the Crystal pin on RSSC cruises, the RSSC pin on QM2, HAL on Crystal - always keeps them guessing if I'm a spy ;) .

OH Noooo, are you a Blackredbird???? I am a Orange Longhorn~~Hook 'em! (I don't wear my Longhorn/tiara to the Dining room........now, that would be too tacky!)

I can well understand your choice of Vietnam! Have you ever heard the tune, "Lubbock In My Rearview Mirror???"

And as to Club benefits.......very generous and most adventageous!

Martita

Thule-ee......loved reading of ALL your cruise line pins!! 'Atta boy!

I have in my possession, a GOLD LION Cunard pin (I believe it's called a "Life membership pin") My Aunt gave it to me as I've never been on Cunard. I would loveee to give YOU this prestigious award pin!

Let's plan a small Sky Bar "pinning ceremony" next March!

Why don't we all bring some type of a "pin" and exchange brooches???

This ceremony would not have to be rigid or dignified......a mere "pin the pin on the donkey" type afternoon social!

I bet Seabourn would buy the drinks!

Martita

I enjoy wearing my pins...

I wear the Crystal pin on RSSC cruises, the RSSC pin on QM2, HAL on Crystal - always keeps them guessing if I'm a spy ;) .

yourock.gif I like your style....... :D

"Lubbock In My Rearview Mirror???"

The ONLY place Lubbock should be.... Vietnam... nicer weather and friendlier folks........ smiley_evilGrin.gif

Blackraider.......YOU made me spit coffee ALL over my nice computer!!!

(where do you get all those 'lit men with signs????)

Okey Dokey, how do you like this party idea?

We can all bring a "pin" next March 19th~~~any pin for "The Exchange Social!" A flashin' light pin, an award cruise line pin, a diamond brooch, a Rotary/Lion's Club pin, Girl/Boy Scout, a retirement pin (that no one wants to be reminded of) or a "distiguished medal of honor pin".........take your pick! Your admittance to the Sky Bar social, will be ONE PIN!

More ideas or suggestions?

MB

After being on Seabourn does that carry over any bennies to the other Carnival lines. I think I remember reading something about this. I am a three time HAL cruiser and plan to add a HAL 14 day cruise soon to my booked cruises. :)

Blackbird, I would say, "yes" as to benefits on ALL Carnival lines.

I have been invited to go on The Rotterdam in June.....haven't made up my mind yet. What kind of a "Dam ship" is it? Did I read somewhere that it's a real LINER? (I'm kinda scared of all those boat folks.....I've never been on a LINER--oh, once, on the Nordic Prince)

Martita B.

Rotterdam - a Liner? IMHO no... only ones that qualify now (IMHO) are QE2 & QM2. And QM2 is a far cry from the old SSUS and France and QE1 days (IMHO). IMHO, their main claim to liner status is in their strengthened hulls, class-specific dining, and maybe their on-board kennels.

The Rotterdam is a nicer-than-average but fairly typical cruise ship (IMHO).

The Prinsendam comes closer, since it used to be the Seabourn Sun.

Both have some nice points (superb new bedding, concierge service for suite pax), but you'll still be nickel'd & dime'd for lots, like the "good" restaurant, Pinnacle, every drink (including water, soda), etc...

Still, the HAL cruises would be lots cheaper unless you go for the higher end suites. In My Humble Opinion

On the other hand, I can have a great time on any old tub if the people I'm with are a great group...

LOL Martita B. I believe you would be a trip on any line. smiley_party.gif

The Rotterdam is one of the smaller (for HAL) HAL ships at ~50,000. It is one of what's called the R/S ships (r for rotterdam s for statendam). I have been on two of the R/S dam ships. I will not go on their bigger Vista ships UNLESS it is an itinerary thing. I am looking at the Prinsendam which is around 38,000 and an old Seabourn ship for my around the British Isles cruise in 2007.

For a mega line ships they are not bad. They do have one ecalator on it :D But their outside cabins are the OLD style with a bed next to the window/porthole so see out is a problem.

Still, the HAL cruises would be lots cheaper unless you go for the higher end suites. In My Humble Opinion

On the other hand, I can have a great time on any old tub if the people I'm with are a great group...

True in most cases but as a single that likes a veranda, I have priced a couple cruises that I could do RSSC/Silverseas/Seabourn for only a little more than mega lines.

I am looking at a 14 around the British Isles/ Scotland-Northern Norway and if I could have got the Seabourn run of the ship at 110-125 it would be very near what HAL Prinsendam is. But I couldn't :(

I have been invited to go on The Rotterdam in June.....haven't made up my mind yet.

Martita..... I would have never guessed you'd defect to a mainstream line even if only for one cruise!

I have a feeling that ;)someone;) might not like that!!! :D :rolleyes:

Sailor's, are you saying, "STAY PUT???":eek:

As a child, at the ranch, I use to let my mind wander......and dream of far away places and native's and I'd yearn to travel to unknown horizons and such. AND NOW, 'yall are tellin' me to "Just relax and book another Seabourn voyage......and for pete's sake, don't be askin' any dumb questions???? Just book...... pack your duds, your passport and your American Express card and shut up!"

Wellllll, I've just NEVER!!!!

I believe perhaps, friends I will take your kind and meaningful advice!:D

Thank you! I'll go call my T.A. right now~~~~

MB

Sailor's.......before we get into trouble:( :( :( we better start discussing "Cruise Benefits!" (one of us is a "hijacker!")

Hmmmm, let's see, other Seabourn Club benefits are:

Invited to the Club Parties

Receiving "special thank you notes"

Being a best friend of the "On Board Booking Agent"

Invited to start the "Galley Market Luncheon" line

A reserved stool at the Sky Bar

The entire basket of imported designer soaps upon arrival

I'm sure there are other important "benefits" that I'm not including.

Book now and enjoy your benefits!

Happy Chico de Mayo!;)

MB

Mmm can the OP hijack a thread.... MMMm

OP will be checking sky bar stools for name tags.... :eek::eek:

Here's what showed up for me at the Sky Bar on the 2nd day of my Legend cruise... courtesy of Maciek!

Reserved.jpg.8972ec393011412be74cfbcba34b1664.jpg

I think we should all have our "bar stool place card's" made before we embark....perhaps in wood or "brass", then when we're aboard our favorite yacht, we'll know where everyone's "pew" is~~~~

Cyrstal~~~cute "bar stool card!"

MB

Matt~~~I usually take colorful "birthday/or any occasional" decorations and merely place them around THIS Club cocktail table......with "ship's" candles, napkins, party favors, etc. It works!

There's alot of ways to "skin cats!"

MB

Archived