Wine in Restaurants

InSeattle

How much wine is in the glass that you order in a restaurant. And how many of the glasses would be in a bottle?

Can you take the bottle back to your room if you will not be returning to that restaurant? Can you then take that bottle of wine to a different restaurant?

The standard glass of wine in a restaurant is 5oz (125ml), the std bottle is 750ml. That would be 6 glasses of wine in a bottle. Apparently you cannot take your bottle out and bring it back. (This will be our first cruise, we do not know NCLs policies). Also, I do not drink alcohol. My wife drinks wine with meals. The purpose of my original post was to determine to buy wine by the glass or bottle, if returning to the same restaurant.

The standard glass of wine in a restaurant is 5oz (125ml), the std bottle is 750ml. That would be 6 glasses of wine in a bottle. Apparently you cannot take your bottle out and bring it back. (This will be our first cruise, we do not know NCLs policies). Also, I do not drink alcohol. My wife drinks wine with meals. The purpose of my original post was to determine to buy wine by the glass or bottle, if returning to the same restaurant.

The bottle is a much better value unless you are just drinking house wine. Several options for the remaining wine. Take it with you (you can bring it back or take it to a different bar or restaurant - just keep the receipt)

They will tag your bottle and centrally store it so you can get it the next night in any restaurant.

My only concern is if you are drinking a quality wine after several days being open it will start to turn.

Archived