Magesty of the Seas...

My wife and I are taking our first cruise:) this July and when I first made the reservation I was on Deck 2. When I printed out my documents from the RCI Website, it said that we were on Deck 6. Does this happen often with them moving people around and is there that much of a difference? I don't know what to expect and just want clarification. Any help and tips would be appreciated since this will be our first cruise.

Also, our flight will get to Miami around 10am, can I then take the transfer over from the airport and check my bags in at the port or is that too early?

I appreciate any help and we are looking forward to it.:) :)

Most would consider that a very positive move. Even if you are in the same class of cabin, your new location will be much more convenient for accessing the primary areas of the ship - promenade, dining rooms, top decks, etc. So you got a lucky upgrade! It isn't common, but people do get moved around sometimes, usually for the better. I don't know of anyone who was downgraded, say from deck 6 to deck 2, unless they requested it.

If you get into Miami at 10am, by the time you get luggage, catch the transfer, get to the port, and unload, it will be around or after 11am. You may not be able to get on the ship right away - usually they seem to get boarding sometime between 11:00 and noon. But you should be far enough up in the line to get through fairly quickly. I'd guess unless things are going particularly slow that day or there is a problem, you should find yourself on the ship sometime around noon.

That's a nice upgrade from Deck 2 to Deck 6. You will love the Majesty! It was my first cruise too....

My DH is one of those guys who has to be first in line for everything. We arrived at the Port at 10:00 am, waited in their little room for an hour or so, they usually have lemonade and cookies for you while you wait, and we were on board by 11:30, like the 4th people on besides the VIP's.

Have fun & Enjoy!!!

Congratulations, coach rob, on your upgrade. Everybody that has responded so far is absolutely correct. Upgrades are rare. My Explorer cruise on Sunday is my eighth one and on this one, I got a $800 credit and an upgrage to a Junior Suite! First time it ever happened! So I'm pumped and ready to go!

By the time you get to the port in Miami, it will be at least 11:00 am or so. Unless there is some issue with the last cruise, boarding will begin shortly thereafter!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for all the advice and help. I do appreciate it as I don't know what all to expect going on our first cruise.

You can take your own camera on the Cruise, correct? I have a new Cannon Digital SLR Rebel that I got just for this and plan on using it, so are there any restrictions?

None whatsoever...yu are free to photograph as you wish. There may be a few of the main shows in the evenings which will request no flash photography, but otherwise fire away.

I recommend bringing lots of extra memory cards, a portable harddrive or CDR burner, or a laptop, so you can take hundreds of photos - take advantage of digital and shoot everything - shoot it twice to be sure. You can always filter through when you get home and pick the best one, and delete the others.

Archived