Door Decorations

Criscomia

Has anyone ever decorated their cabin door or balcony? Can I get some ideas how to decorate mine. I did one 3 years ago, but I'm sure there are newer and better ideas out there. Would love to hear your ideas.

You can probably get more info on this subject over on the "cruise rituals" board. Go to the bottom of the page, to Forum Jump. Scroll down to the very bottom. You'll see Fun Stuff.....Cruise Rituals. I got lots of ideas over there before my cruise, although I never did actually put the sign up on my door! :o Too busy the first day, and then kind of forgot.

We always decorate our door. It helps you find your door if you forget your cabin number! We usually just do an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet on the computer. I just put something like "The Breen's from New Palestine Indiana" and a cute nautical graphic in the middle. Then I take tape and tape it up to the door.

My mom grandma and I made posters on scrapbook paper using things like drink stickers and other vacation type things with pictures of ourselves. Then we put our first names on them. It was fun to make them and one woman who delivered room service for us one day commented on how cute they were.

You can probably get more info on this subject over on the "cruise rituals" board. Go to the bottom of the page, to Forum Jump. Scroll down to the very bottom. You'll see Fun Stuff.....Cruise Rituals. I got lots of ideas over there before my cruise, although I never did actually put the sign up on my door! :o Too busy the first day, and then kind of forgot.

I had my CC sign up the first day. It lasted about three days then disappeared? :confused:

Has anyone ever decorated their cabin door or balcony? Can I get some ideas how to decorate mine. I did one 3 years ago, but I'm sure there are newer and better ideas out there. Would love to hear your ideas.

Tons of info and links on this previous thread from yesterday:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=341121

CJW

You are not serious are you:confused:

There was a post with a link the other day from Princess that said the stewards would remove anything on the balcony that could catch fire, towels, clothes, ect..

i am assuming decorations would also be in that catagory.

If i can find it again, i will post it.

they also said they will be enforcing the 1 adult per cabin policy.

There was a post with a link the other day from Princess that said the stewards would remove anything on the balcony that could catch fire, towels, clothes, ect..

Then I suppose they should take away the mail boxes that they put my bill in:confused:

I get ya! You were talking about balconys. I was talking front door decorations:)

Here's what I do. In the past Ive had my room decorated for my birthday. Ive taken one of the streamers and hung it from my mailbox on the side of my door.

It helps you find your room and for that matter, Ive overheard people saying, that it helps them find there room nearby. "Our room is 3 doors past the decoration".

So if you dont want decorate the door, put something on your mailbox by the door. i.e, a bow, streamers, flag, etc.

Have Fun:)

I usually put up a small cardboard tropical fish or palm tree in the Caribbean or something seasonal for a holiday cruise, with a little poster tape or masking tape so as not to damage the door. I've also done surprise decorations on my kids' cabin door on birthday cruises. We haven't had anyone take down the decorations, but they're not really great either.

I cruise with someone with early-stage Alzheimers, and having a little door decoration is very helpful to distinguish our cabin.

I print my CC sign on magnetic paper and then it stays on the door with no damage to the door. I also use magnetic tape on the other fish or designs I put up!

Maybe I was lucky, but no one touched our decorations. However, lots of people commented on them.

I say one picture from a CC member and he put lights around his window.It looked so neat! I have some red "hot pepper" lights I may outline my windowin July. I have to celebrate Independence day someway! :D

Archived