Whould you live on a cruise ship full time given the choice?

vaccardi

What would you do given the option to live on a ship full time?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do given the option to live on a ship full time?

• Would not live on a cruise condo, even on a half year share basis
    • @ $150K for 120 sq ft cabin and $1500 month + food per person on refurbished ship
    • @ $350K for 300 sq ft cabin and $2000 month + food per person on refurbished ship
    • @ $900K for 800 sq ft cabin w/ varanda and $3000 month + food per person on refurbished ship
    • @ $1.5M for 800 sq ft cabin and $4000 month + food per person on new ship like ResidenSea

I posted this on ResidenSea, but there is not a whole lot of traffic there, so I decided to post it on a couple of other areas. I was wondering what you would do given the following cruise residency options.

Please add any comments you might have.

I have received several replies with a comparison to cruising on a standard cruise line on several of the other threads, which I believe is a valid comparison. But I believe that the expectations of cost are probably a little off. The lowest one can expect to get a cabin regularly during the low seasons (60-70% of the time,) is about $60/day/person, or $3600/ month/cabin, plus taxes and the expectation of tips. With those expenses it would probably be closer to $4500/ month for a inside cabin in the 150 sq ft range. The cruise lines are only willing to do this for the low seasons, and if that would not be acceptable, then the monthly average could be as double that.

The itineraries would be similar or the same after a 2 week cycle, during any one of these seasons, unless changing ships is an option. Also, while I did not state this, some items that are normally big income generators for cruise lines, would be significantly less expensive or free (house wine, beer, basic spa services, basic internet and phone, etc.)

I plan on generating a report with the results of all the poll on all the threads and posting it in a couple of days. Thanks to all for your input.

Vince

Archived