Dress other then formal nights

Cruising on the Miracle in a couple weeks, I get the formal night dress code, but what about the other 5 nights? I would appreciate some suggestions on what is worn by both men and women in the dining room on the Non-formal nights.

Cruising on the Miracle in a couple weeks, I get the formal night dress code, but what about the other 5 nights? I would appreciate some suggestions on what is worn by both men and women in the dining room on the Non-formal nights.

Wendy wears a simple dress or pants with a shirt while I wear a Color Polo with black pants and shoes.

Fred

Men usually wear slacks or khakis with a nice shirt and the women wear, skirts, dresses, capris. I like to mix and match wearing the same skirt a few times with different tops, it really cuts down on the packing, dress as though you are going to a nice resturant.

You can also wear a pair of nice Docker "like" shorts and a Polo type shirt.No flip flops are allowed

Shorts are NOT allowed in the dining rooms in the evenings. Here is the quote from their website:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?

spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

Shorts in the dining room?:eek:

Shorts are allowed in the dining room only at breakfast & lunch.

Unless the maitre'd doesn't do his/her job.

On our Valor cruise in January, there were two "body building" couples traveling together. One of the wives wore nothing but extremely short denim shorts every night at dinner. She dressed them up on formal nights by wearing a rhinestone studded belt.

Ewwwww... far too much information all week long...

I wore sleeveless sheath-type dresses, or very nice pants, each non-formal night. On the "caribbean night" I did wear white capris with a tropical print shirt. But generally, I dressed for dinner as if it were a very VERY nice restaurant.

On our Valor cruise in January, there were two "body building" couples traveling together. One of the wives wore nothing but extremely short denim shorts every night at dinner. She dressed them up on formal nights by wearing a rhinestone studded belt.

Ewwwww... far too much information all week long...

KJ, I wish I had been on your cruise! I like all the information I can get. :)

Archived