Possibly a late review....

Recently, I have traveled on the Norwegian Sea. It was a great experience...Or was it?

FOOD: I found the food to be okay. There wasn't a lot of variety, and the menu changed every 2-3 nights. Both of the "free" restaurants both had the same menu and kitchen. I tried the Pasta Cafe, which is adequate, and I didn't try the Le Bistro, which is a $15 charge. In the morning, there is a buffet as well a sit down meal. Popcorn was free and was distributed in bags at every bar.

Ship Itself:

The ship was somewhat well maintained and clean. There were no glass elevators, and the atrium was nothing interesting. It was a glass water fountain, that wasn't running half of the time. The elevators were slow, so this was why I may half lost weight on my cruise, due to walking 7 flights of stairs several times each day.

Service:

I found the service to be quite adequate. I didn't find them to be over the top. They did the job, but nothing out of their way.

Now this is where it will get interesting yet confusing...

Kids Club:

My 11 and 14 year old children joined the kids club. For the teens club (14) my son mentioned none of the teens cared to go, so the activities were canceled. My 11 year old pointed out that the games were not very active, since there were mainly younger children in his group.

Entertainment/Activities:

The entertainment was very poor. NCL Productions wasn't very good. No body left during the shows, however no body clapped and stood up at the same time. There were two funny people. No, the cruise director was not funny, or very entertaining. Also, there was a lack of comedy. One night there was a woman, who told jokes about her personal life, and more adult-like comedy, and the other was a man, who did tricks, and telling jokes at the same time. I liked him better. Some activities were game shows. This is where it gets interesting/confusing. My sons both wanted to play the games. However, the policy at NCL states that only people 16 and up can play. I asked why, and they stated they have versions of these games at the kids camp. Now, the only place for this type of game would be for teens, which no teen ever went to. Also, a lot of activities on the ship, were mostly for people over 16 years old, which is very disappointing for children who didn't like what the kids camp had to offer.

Ports:

All of the ports were great. I really enjoyed Cozumel and Cancun. There wasn't a lot to do in Roatan and Belize. The shore excursion desk even told us that. I would suggest the ATV Jungle tour for Cozumel, and the Speedboat Jungle tour with snorkeling. The ATV tour filled up quickly, I got the last spot before 3:30 just before the life boat drill! The Jungle Speedboat tour was excellent, although there were few people on it. Many people who didn't go on said that it looked like a great time.

Summary:

Okay food, fair service, poor entertainment/activities...

Who should go: Couples/singles

Who shouldn't go: Families, and people who like top notch service along with a mega ship.

Archived