Britannia Club

wynkys

I am booked on the first half of next year's QM2 World Cruise in an A1 and after the announcement of the Club, whether or not my assigned cabin is in or out of the Club will help me decide if I sail.

The idea of anytime dining in the Britannia restaurant, after having previously experienced the Princess Grill with its bland decor, is very appealing.

Does anyone know about these private dining areas that will be utilised for this new service?

Wayne

I made enquiries with Cunard here in Australia, and was informed "AA" category does not commence until AFTER the World cruise in 2007.

Just for the record (thanks to another CC member) the balcony cabins involved will be 12012 - 88 & 12021 - 81.

I will be interested to see the mechanics of where they will be located in the restaurant......... and how they will control access. I am assuming one of the side doors on Deck 3 will be the point of access to "Balcony" area of the restaurant. As most of the tables on these levels are for 6-8 people, I imagine there will have to be some rearrangement.

According to Cruise News Daily, a Cunard rep announced that the new arrangements will be put in place during the November drydock and be introduced in January. The area to be used for dining is on the main floor and are two separate rooms at the back of the restaurant.

In my experience, Cunard Australia is lucky to know the names of their ships let alone anything that is happening to them.

Wayne

Archived