Royal Romance and RCI

Hey everyone. I recently posted saying that I was planning on a wedding on the RCI's Monarch of the Seas, but it looks like most everyone on this board has chosen either a bigger boat or the bahamas. So my question would be if anyonehas pictures of their flowers and/or cake they would like to share so I can get some ideas on what to expect, what to bring, if I needed anything to decorate the cake,would it be more beneficial for me to make my own bouquet ( of silk flowers of course) since I am making bouquets for my bridesmaids. I just booked my cruise yesterday, we are going to be sailing May 18 2007 and we are probably going to have about 40 people sailing with us. The wedding package we chose was the Harmony. So any info anyone would like to offer about working with RR or the experience of having the ceremony onboard a Royal Caribbean ship would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone. :D

I just did a review called Jewel of the Seas April 22, 2006, that might help you... My photos of my flowers and cake are too big to post. If you want to see them just give me your email address and I'll email you them.

Nancy

• 3 months later...

Hey Roxe!

We have also chosen the Harmony package aboard Monarch, 3 day out of LA. Our wedding is in 2 weeks so I will reply and let you know all about it.

We opted for special flowers, a mix of orchids, tulips, etc... they are srt of a tropical mix and the harmony flowers we are using to decorate the cake table. Let me know if you have any questions for me, and Ill get back with you soon!

Lisa

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, promised I'd do a post after the wedding so here goes!

All went fairly well. The boarding of our guests and passengers went smooth, all with the exception of a guest added pretty last minute through Royal Romance who didnt send the clearance through the totem pole. This poor guest had flown in from Arizona, and almost wasnt allowed to board the ship! Took a bunch of working from the security people downstairs before he was even allowed to come upstairs with the entire crowd.

The wedding prep went well. The coordinators met us at the lounge and walked us through some of the details of the wedding. We signed the documents with the officiant prior to entering the ship.

Wedding was very smooth with a few exceptions. Royal romance sent a contact person to be the wedding coordinator and she was the one who handed us our speeches, put our rings on pillows, made sure we entered at the right time, etc... also worked with the officiant in coordinating speeches and toasts.

Cake was PERFECT (probably the most perfect thing that morning). The flowers were also absolutely beautiful and even more beautiful than I had sent a picture to match.

The DJ was very bad. He mispronounced many of the names including easy ones like my sister Jenny who was intro'd as "Jerry". Some of the mistakes were worse, calling my mother in law's boyfriend, the father of the groom... so we have asked for a refund of the DJ fees. There were other mistakes too.... music...speeches....

My advice to everyone is talk to the DJ over the phone prior to the wedding and make sure he or she is clear on names, intro's, etc....

Also photographer was part of the ship's crew. He did take some beautiful pictures, but he was very short and took them from a low angle which is not at all flattering. He needed to use a stepladder but didnt. If you get a short photographer, ask him to take pictures from a higher angle. My sister's wedding photographer brought his stepladder with him when he took their pictures and you can see the difference in the angles.

Hope this all helped. If you have specific questions, feel free to email at lmk4@hotmail.com

Thanks, Lisa

Archived