Elation Questions

Hi all-

I am sailing 7/2/06 on Elation. I am flying in from Orlando and will arrive in Miami at 8:00am that morning. Should I take the shuttle bus from the airport or should I just take my own taxi? Also, will we be waiting around outside the port for them to open check-in? I have heard that this happens. Since we are so early in the morning, I am wondering how this will work out.

Thanks!

Pink Flamingo,

Just from personal experience, I would suggest taking a taxi. For one thing you will not have to wait for an entire bus to fill up before leaving the airport. Depending how many are in your party, the taxi may be cheaper. We paid around $22 one way for the taxi. The shuttle you have to pay per person. As for check in, I haven't cruised Carnival yet so I can't really answer that one. I know for RCCL we could wait inside the terminal.

My last cruse was in November. They did not open the doors to the terminal until Noon. I got there about 11:30 and there were at least 150 people ahead of me. By Noon I could not see the end of the line.

There was no cover where I had to wait in line, if it is hot or raining you will have a problem.

Archived