Princess Cruise

Hello, I have read alot of posts about RCL and Carnival, but haven't heard alot about princess. Can anyone share their experience. Also, I am trying to compare the different packages for the different cruise lines and most don't really give you the info until you have booked the cruise. I have Carnivals packages, does anyone have a list of upgrades. Also, does anyone have the packages for Princess and RCL? Thanks everyone!

Dear MrsZig2B,

We just married our daughter on May 1 on the April 29 sailing of Caribbean Princess.

The best thing about Princess weddings, in our opinion, is that they are the only ones that do weddings at sea officiated by the Captain himself. No other major cruise line does that. That was so much better than having some unknown local minister officiating the most important day of your life. Also, we have participated in a couple of destination weddings (Hawaii, Jamaica and St. Thomas), and they all had the feel of "being run through the mill". I must admit, though, that the settings in those islands is beautiful, but so is the sea from high above the ship.

It was really special and the Captain of the Caribbean Princess was wonderful. He has a great personality, made all of us feel special and went out of his way to make my daughter relax when she was about to cry on several instances, even pausing the ceremony and softly speaking to her and making her smile instead.

My daughter's wedding was absolutely fabulous and working with the Princess wedding department was a wonderful experience. We did have once mishap: they screwed up the wedding cake badly, we are asking for a full refund.

They had a new bakery chef. By the time we saw it, the ceremony was already done, we had dinner after the ceremony and were starting the reception. we were having too much fun and were so happy with everything that it was too late for anything to ruin our day. Everything else went so perfectly and beautifully that we took it in stride. We had mentally prepared ourselves for the "something always goes wrong in a wedding" thing, so we were not going to let that ruin the day.

The other good thing about Princess was that we were able to start planning everything with them a year and a half before we sailed. We had originally booked on RCL and Royal Romance, but when they told us they would not start planning with us until about 5 weeks before the cruise/wedding, we cancelled them and booked on Princess. We even fired our travel agent for misleading us about the way RCL operates their weddings

Royal Romance told us that even though we were the first ones to book a wedding on the particular cruise, we would not have priority on time of day or venue for the wedding and would not find those things out until 3 weeks before departure. Although we could put in request for those things, they would not guarantee anything and basically told us it was their decision, not ours.

With Princess, we were the first wedding booked for that cruise and had first choice of everything. My daughter and I went to Ft. Lauderdale in July 2005 and they gave us a tour of the ship and helped us decide where to have the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, dinner and the reception. We took lots of pictures and measurements.

My wife and I spent the next 8 months making all the decorations, bouquets, corsages, etc. ourselves. We took 14 boxes and plastic containers full of decorations and turned what is the ship's disco (Skywalkers) into a beautiful area for the wedding. Our guests (28 of them) could not believe that this was the same place they had seen earlier. The Captain and the wedding coordinator said neither had seen a shipboard wedding as beautiful as this one, both in the content of the ceremony and in the decorations.

Anyways, I suggest that you call the Princess Wedding Department at 1-866-444-8820 and ask them to send you a wedding planner which will have all the information you need. They can mail it or email it.

We worked with a wonderful young lady named Leidys and I would highly recommend you ask for her. Tell her Michael Gonzalez, Merinda's dad, recommended her to you.

Well, sorry I was so long-winded, but I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you so much for all the information. Your daughter is so lucky to have a father like you. Do you have any pictures to share. I will call Princess right now! Where did your cruise sail. Did she like getting married on board? Thank you again.

Shari-Thanks so much for the pictures and brochure. I am sure I will have a hundred questions for you soon! You looked beautiful and congratulations to you. Your coming up on your one year! How exciting. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

How much in all did you pay for the cruise aboard Princess? I am very VERY interested, especially after reading about your experiences but am worried about cost....however I hear rumors that it's cheaper than a regular wedding. I would love to hear more about it and see pictures!

holidayathesea@yahoo.com

Thanks Shari!

Laura

• 1 month later...

Archived