Millennium to Haiti ?!

drfun48

The only 7 day cruise to the Caribbean listed in December of '07 is one that includes Tortola,OK...Nassau,no big deal...San Juan, ditto...Casa de Campo,eh and Haiti,my wife says she's staying on the ship.

Has anyone been to Labadee ,Haiti?

This is the only Holiday cruise that fits into our schedule and I would be happy to stay onboard most of the week,but you'd think X could have more appealing ports.

Labadee is amazing. It is a private beach area owned (well, actually leased) by Royal Caribbean. It is a highly secure area with only cruiseline employees allowed into the area. There are several nice beaches, snorkeling, waverunners, parasailing, banana boats, shopping, etc. available.

The only 7 day cruise to the Caribbean listed in December of '07 is one that includes Tortola,OK...Nassau,no big deal...San Juan, ditto...Casa de Campo,eh and Haiti,my wife says she's staying on the ship.

Has anyone been to Labadee ,Haiti?

This is the only Holiday cruise that fits into our schedule and I would be happy to stay onboard most of the week,but you'd think X could have more appealing ports.

Hi Drfun !

I agree, that the ports leave for a lot of improvement. This is a new itinerary for Millennium (although she has been to Nassau and Casa De Campo before). Unfortunately, it is not much better than the older itineraries. Of the 3 new Millennium itineraries offered, this is probably the best of the 3.

As for Labadee, we visited there on a Royal Caribbean ship. It was a HUGE and pleasant surprise. We had a great day there. They also had a very nice beachside BBQ set up. Also, keep in mind that it is a private area that is run by Royal Caribbean. I am pretty sure you will enjoy the day.

Hi Drfun !

I agree, that the ports leave for a lot of improvement. This is a new itinerary for Millennium (although she has been to Nassau and Casa De Campo before). Unfortunately, it is not much better than the older itineraries. Of the 3 new Millennium itineraries offered, this is probably the best of the 3.

As for Labadee, we visited there on a Royal Caribbean ship. It was a HUGE and pleasant surprise. We had a great day there. They also had a very nice beachside BBQ set up. Also, keep in mind that it is a private area that is run by Royal Caribbean. I am pretty sure you will enjoy the day.

Thanks Andy and WRP 96...based on your comments ,I feel better.

Thanks Andy and WRP 96...based on your comments ,I feel better.

Hi Drfun !

Anytime. If you have more questions, feel free to ask :)

labadee is a very nice beach stop,, we did the jet ski tour and it was very interesting besides being fun.. we went along the coast for several miles, passing small fishing villages.. labadee is part of Haiti...

Labadee is one of my favorite stops for beaching. Almost as pretty as Trunk Bay on St John USVI. As Host Star can confirm, USE SUNSCREEN. I speak from painful experience. LOL

I have been to Labadee as well on RCL. It is a very nice beach. They have even made it larger with a children's area. I liked it better than Coco Cay (which is another private island in the Bahamas that Celebrity uses).

Labadee's very nice and you will have a wonderful time. I did some kayaking there and it was fun, once I got the hang of it.

I had reservations about Casa de Camp DR when I went on the Millenium last year, but it also turned out to be a nice port of call. The ship has buses that take you to a marina area and then to a nice stone village with shops. This is not a port you will go off on your own though. This is the first time I've ever seen a cruise line have only their own buses to transport their passengers.

Have a great time. The Millenium is one of my favorite ships and I'm glad they are changing their Caribbean itins.

I agree with the rest on this thread. We were just in Labadee 2 weeks ago. It was a great beach day. Several beaches, a barbecue, bars, a market place (1 for haggling, and one with set prices), Kids, water area, plenty of water activities, beautiful views. We would hit Labadee again for sure.

Hi Drfun !

Some folks think the people at the Artisan Market are too agressive and sell junk. Bought a walking stick for a friend who collects them - negotiated the price down to $10 dollars from $25. By the time we left the cruise I was offered over $30 for it. Second thing - if anyone is a serious rum drinker - not the rum & coke but to savor in a snifter like a brandy. You can get Barbancourt Rhum on the island ( only other place is St. Thomas) This rum has won numerous awards - Bought the 15 yr old - glass of that and a nice dominican cigar - life is good

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if you need to book a tour from Labadee, or can you merely wander off the ship to the beach area? Is the BBQ included in your cruise package or extra?

Just wander off the ship if you want to. Unless you know that you definitely want to parasail, or do the waverunners, or kayaks, then don't bother booking even those ahead of time, as there are usually slots still available once you get over there, if you decide you want to do those.

Archived