Golden Princess at the Red Hook Pier

smeyer418

share.dell.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbsWrRu1ctGNM

Couple of Points from Today. This was taken at about 1:30.

The Parking lot was almost empty you can see it in the Pictures. I spoke with the Parking Attendant(you can see him in one of the pictures). He said it was easy this am although it took a while to get enough cabs.

They cleaned up most of the garbage on the side streets. Looks MUCH better than the first time the QM2 came in and there were a lot less police.

It was very little traffic on a gorgeous day.

Yep, that answers that question. I think we'll not be following your directions, and instead taking the Verrezano/Gowanus route out of ease. I'm legally blind and my wife will be driving and the simplier the route, the easier - traffic congestion doesn't bother us so long we have a straight and simple path. :)

I'm excited to visit this section of Brooklyn.

Thanks for your pictures -- we'll be on the Crown in August and have been wondering how the parking, etc will go. It sounds like everything went pretty well yesterday.

Hi all,

DH and I arrived Red Hook on the Golden yesterday (5/6) and Red Hook was a DREAM! Clean as could be, everyone at the port was friendly and extremely helpful - and I mean everyone, porters, customs officials, local transportation people - everyone. Princess seems to allow extra time when disembarking passengers and that made the dreaded sea of black bags in the terminal much less overwhelming. Outside there were plenty of people directing you to ground transportation. Taxis were plentiful and very reasonably priced. I would sail out of Red Hook in a heartbeat - it was ten times better than our check-in in San Juan. :)

Hi all,

DH and I arrived Red Hook on the Golden yesterday (5/6) and Red Hook was a DREAM! Clean as could be, everyone at the port was friendly and extremely helpful - and I mean everyone, porters, customs officials, local transportation people - everyone. Princess seems to allow extra time when disembarking passengers and that made the dreaded sea of black bags in the terminal much less overwhelming. Outside there were plenty of people directing you to ground transportation. Taxis were plentiful and very reasonably priced. I would sail out of Red Hook in a heartbeat - it was ten times better than our check-in in San Juan. :)

Brooklyn Thanks You

How much was the cab- I assume you mean the yellow ones and not the car services.

Brooklyn Thanks You

How much was the cab- I assume you mean the yellow ones and not the car services.

Really, I was very impressed.

I was speaking of car services - $58 for a town car to LGA.

Really, I was very impressed.

I was speaking of car services - $58 for a town car to LGA.

Thanks

New Yorkese

Cab = yellow metered taxi(by law these must be painted yellow)

car service= black car- town car- limo(any color but yellow-mostly black)

BTW a cab would have been $30.00

Hi all,

Hi and thanks......how was the cruise, i know u enjoyed Wheelhouse with Dave and Faline.....they are our favorites also......we will be sailing on the Crown with them on the inagural............and glad to hear about the transportation to LGA

My brother and I were there around 5 yesterday. The ship was lovely. The area was clean and plenty of police around. As said before the parking lot was pretty empty but large.

MadamG2U

Thanks

New Yorkese

Cab = yellow metered taxi(by law these must be painted yellow)

car service= black car- town car- limo(any color but yellow-mostly black)

BTW a cab would have been $30.00

Yeah, we knew that.

We planned on the town car but there were 4 of us and 6 good sized bags. We ended up with a stretch limo for $100 flat. Thought it was a perfect finish to the cruise.:)

Hi and thanks......how was the cruise, i know u enjoyed Wheelhouse with Dave and Faline.....they are our favorites also......we will be sailing on the Crown with them on the inagural............and glad to hear about the transportation to LGA

Hi bjcanady!

The cruise was wonderful. Perfect weather in the Caribbean and dead calm seas and blue skies coming up the coast. The Golden is just beautiful and her crew is one of the best afloat.

Yes, we spent quality time with Dave and Faline and they sound as awesome as ever. They're really looking forward seeing Europe on the Golden and before joining the Crown for another crossing.

Hope you have a great cruise...now I'm jealous :D

Hi bjcanady!

The cruise was wonderful. Perfect weather in the Caribbean and dead calm seas and blue skies coming up the coast. The Golden is just beautiful and her crew is one of the best afloat.

Yes, we spent quality time with Dave and Faline and they sound as awesome as ever. They're really looking forward seeing Europe on the Golden and before joining the Crown for another crossing.

Hope you have a great cruise...now I'm jealous :D

The Golden has been our favorite of the Grand class ships......always had a great time on her..........glad u enjoyed...............

PS I would take the limo too. Its worth the extra money if you have significant luggage. Its worth the 25-33% more.

PS Merion's Mom can you email me please.

Its in my signature...and my profile

Archived