Need help resizing a picture

AbbyGirl

I posted this on the help board, but I think most everyone has already figured this out but me....For the life of me, I can't figure out how to resize a picutre down small enough for an avatar....I can crop it down, but I can't get it within the 80X80 limit....Can someone walk me through this???? I'm really not an idiot!!:cool:

Thanks!

I posted this on the help board, but I think most everyone has already figured this out but me....For the life of me, I can't figure out how to resize a picutre down small enough for an avatar....I can crop it down, but I can't get it within the 80X80 limit....Can someone walk me through this???? I'm really not an idiot!!:cool:

Thanks!

I am sure you are not an idiot. Cropping and resizing are different things but I did crop before I resized in the case of mine, you need an appication that supports "resizing" not commonly found on basic included photo handlers like windows view or internet explorer.

Try it in photoshop or photsuite or corel or.. or ... you need "size" or "resize"

and set it to 80x80.

AbbyGirl,

Most PC's come with Microsoft Paint. If u have that open the program. Load your image, then from toolbar select Image then Attributes. A new panel will open then make your sizing needs.

Thanks to srphnx reminding me that cropping and resizing are different. I have MGI PhotoSuite4 and Camedia 2.5. I prefer photosuite, camedia doesn't do as much -- or if it does it is not as user friendly. I'm going to try to add my photo to my signature....you'll know if it works...

NEVERMIND!! I cropped & resized, then sent it to snapfish, then cc said it wasn't in the right format. I thought all of our photos were in jpg format, but I don't have an idea in the world how to format it!

I cropped & resized, then sent it to snapfish, then cc said it wasn't in the right format. I thought all of our photos were in jpg format, but I don't have an idea in the world how to format it!

You don't need to "format" your photo ;) When you save, make sure the extension is in jpg.

Good luck :)

Archived