Advice/Help, please; are we planning to do too much?

f123456

Let me preface this by saying that my husband and I are *really* bad at taking vacations, and this will be the first of more than long weekend in about 10 years. So I'm wondering if we're planning to try to do too much here. We're in our 30s, moderately fit, and should be able to able handle most of the excursions, I'm guessing.

We're going to be taking the 10-day round trip SF cruise to Alaska on the Regal Princess, and this will be our first cruise.

Any advice, tips, comments on which of these should be eliminated, etc. would be really appreciated... Also, any advice on booking these at a better price *not* through the cruise line?

We're planning:

Sep 16 2006 KETCHIKAN Arrive: 7am; Depart 3pm

9:00-11:00 Misty Fjords Seaplane Exploration Adult: $230

12:50-2:00 Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show Adult: $30.00

Sep 17 2006 JUNEAU Arrive: 8am; Depart 11pm

12:30-2:30 Four Glacier Adventure By Helicopter Adult: $282

(maybe 8:30-10:00 Steamboat cruise for $30, too?)

Sep 18 2006 SKAGWAY Arrive: 7am; Depart 8:30pm

1:40-7:45 Evening Wildlife Expedition $144.00 (hoping to see bears *somewhere; this looked like the best bet)

Sep 21 2006 VICTORIA Arrive: 6am; Depart 2:00pm

9:15-10:15 Double-Decker Tour $29.00

Thanks for any advice on our itinerary, and any ideas on whether these excursions can be found less expensively anywhere.

You sure are ambitious! One of the things you should not miss is the train ride in Skagway. It is outstanding. I have been told whale watching in Juneau is good as well. We are planning on doing that this year and will book it off the ship. We have booked many of our sojourns on land after getting into port and saved some money. In each case people who have booked on the cruise ships have been on them with us. For instance, save $35.00 each on the Mendenhall Glacier/City tour in Juneau. We did a tour in Haines for $10.00 each that others paid $60.00 for. Deals are not everywher but they are ou there.

Archived