Advice Please

bandit0000

Hi,

I am a captains club member and I am still waiting for my one cat upgrade. Sailing Century in October.

Celebrity said that if my TA informed them of my CC status they would apply it to my booking & give me the upgrade. My TA said they did this on 13th. April.

On Celebrity's website it is still showing my original cabin number & I am not sure whether they would apply this upgrade a lot nearer the sailing date or if it should be done near enough straight away.

I don't want to miss out & all the cabins be sold & then them say that they have nothing to upgrade me to.

Do you think I ought to contact Celebrity. or would I be jumping the gun?

Many thanks for any advice you are able to offer.

Regards,

Lisa:)

Not sure how your TA arranged it - our TA has always given us our CC upgrade by booking us into the category we want but charging us the fare for one category lower. That way the upgrade is immediate, we get to choose our cabin and there's nothing to wait for.

The one category upgrade is given at the time of booking by charging one category lower than booked. It only applies to inside cabins cat 11 -9 and outside cabins but not suites. The upgrade is inside to inside or outside to outsite, not inside to outside or outside to suites.

I think this confuses a lot of people. Celebrity does not really give an upgrade. You book the cabin you want and get charged on the next lowest cat. of cabin. It is inside to inside and outside to outside. If you book a cat. 7 cabin they will charge you for a cat. 8. It is such a small amount of money that it is funny how they make people think they are getting a upgrade where it is a small discount. We lately have been booking balcony or CC so this discount does not count toward our room. Pat

I think I may have to ring Celebrity then, because although I told my TA at booking stage that I was CC they did not apply it to my booking.

My TA has since said I will get an upgrade to cat 9 (we booked cat 10), but obviously I would not be able to choose a cabin.

Now I am not sure if I will be changed to cat 9 or if Celebrity will leave me at cat 10, but charge me for cat 11? :confused:

I think I need to clarify it with them & make sure I get one or the other as even just charging me for the cat below (£60) is better in my pocket than theirs.

Thanks for you help,

Lisa

Yes, I also book the specific cabin I want and they charge the cost of a cabin one category below it. Sometimes this savings is only $20 or so. I don't like leaving the choice to them!

Good luck!!

Archived