Caribe deck balconies (Crown Princess) - cigarettes/trash being thrown

NYrunner

My wife and I are sailing on the Crown's maiden voyage shortly. We have a room (C718) in the aft portion of the ship on the Caribe deck. I was wondering if people who have stayed in this type of room on other ships had many problems with objects being thrown onto their balcony. We had a beautiful wrap-around balcony with our suite on Carnival last summer, but had MANY cigarettes flicked onto our balcony (and it was pretty well covered). I'm wondering if that will be less of an issue now that we are on the side (port) of the ship. I'm especially hoping that the incident on the Star will help to resolve this problem. Can anyone who has stayed in a similar room comment on this problem?

We had a Dolphin deck on the Island, uncovered large balcony, and found the largest source of butts was not people flicking, but the cleaning off of the upper decks at 0300 every morning.

That, plus the windblown ashtrays, also contributed to the litter total on our balcony.

Most smoker's I've observed on the upper decks are very careful about not flicking their butts over the side - but what happens to the butts after they get into the ashtray is a different matter.

We slept with the balcony door open on that trip. Every morning, a rain would wake me at about 0300. After the fifth night, I thought, gee nice for the captain to find a rain shower every morning to wash off the ship.

On the 6th night I looked up to see the wash down of the upper decks. I know they try and pick up the trash before they wash down, but they don't get it all.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

We have stayed close to that position on the Star and Grand (both C735)and the Island and have never had a problem. A couple of times there were the odd butt but that was from the washing up above. Being on Caribbe you are quite well protected, even though it is only 1/2 covered.

We were on the Sapphire a few weeks ago (Caribe 528). We really had no problem with butts and trash. People did whatever possible to minimize trash, etc. blowing around. I think it is a combination of all being courteous and the recent fire. Enjoy your cruise!

We slept with the balcony door open on that trip. Every morning, a rain would wake me at about 0300. After the fifth night, I thought, gee nice for the captain to find a rain shower every morning to wash off the ship.

On the 6th night I looked up to see the wash down of the upper decks. I know they try and pick up the trash before they wash down, but they don't get it all.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

When I was on the Sapphire in early April we had cabin on Dolphin deck. I also heard the "early morning rain" a couple of nights. Thought I was imagining things before I finally figured out it wasn't rain but coming from the above decks. Prevented me from leaving the balcony door open. We did have a few instances of cigarette ashes and even pieces of tortilla chips on our balcony. Don't think I would get a completely exposed balcony again.

Archived