MSC Rhapsody

wvdleek

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

The Rhapsody is my most favourite place to be! I hope that you will enjoy it too, if you decide to take the cruise.

She is now one of the smaller ships in the fleet, but is a very proud and beautiful lady. I last cruised on there in October (my 5th time on there) last year, and was impressed that the renovations had improved the ship, without changing its character too much.

The staff are very friendly - a lot have been on there for years, preferring to stay on there rather than join the new bigger ships. The atmosphere in the Meridian Restaurant is often quite entertaining, as you can tell that there are real characters in there (especially Leopoldo and Vincenzo - quite a pair!)

There is also a nice amount of open deck space, where you can take your breakfast and lunch - something I missed on the bigger ships. One downside to this is that it can get very packed, butonce you get yourself a table, eating al fresco as the ship moves through the sea is very relaxing.

The Showboat in the evening certainly isn't as professional in its entertainment as the larger ships are now, (as I witnessed with the Opera) - however, they do still entertain, and another plus for me is that you can video it.

The Captain for the last 5 years that I have been going (and probably a lot longer) is Captain Vito Di Matteo, a charming man who will always take time out to talk to you and make sure you are having a lovely time.

I may look at her through rose tinted glasses, but in my opinion, if you fancy a cruise that is very personal, friendly, on a smaller ship that doesn't take forever to learn where everything is - then I heartily recommend the Rhapsody!

• 3 weeks later...

On 24 June, MSC Crociere's 17.095 grt MSC Rhapsody called at Amsterdam.

Together with our friends Henny and Leon, we were invited for a visit.

This new photo-album can be accessed as usual via my website.

= = =

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards

Willem H. van der Leek

"It's good to see a well-run site!"

http://www.vdleek.nl

Archived