Strange question I know but....

kimberann

Dose anyone know or know where I can find the distance it is to walk around the decks on the Destiny? Or do they have a deck/area just for walking?

I have worked hard at taking off 40 lbs in the last 8 months and whileI want to enjoy my crusie I want to be able to get up inthe morning and go for a walk to work off all the extra food and drink!! TIA for any information!!!

On Sun deck 11 Aft...is a jogging track that you can use just for walking or jogging. I hope this information helps. Also remember...they have a fully equipped Gym on deck 10 which has treadmills amoung other equipment.

I walk 3 miles 6 -7 days a week (but am very lazy on a cruise). My usual pace is 8 minutes per 1/2 mile. So if I'm traveling and decide to walk I map out a route (usually a lap of some kind), walk a lap and time it. Then adjust how many times I go around. Or, just start walking and walk 25 minutes one way, turn around and walk back.

Congrats on the weight loss:) .

Hubby walked the track each morning, I think he said it was 5 or 6 times around is a mile. I will double check and let you know if this is wrong. He said though that you get a great workout when you walk against the wind.

I agree with you completely!!! :D When I am on a cruise, I try to get in every minute I can enjoying the ocean breezes and ocean views. So, I always walk outside on the walking/jogging deck. On Paradise and Inspiration it was on the highest deck up front and I believe 11 times around was one mile, however, don't quote me on that. To get up to that deck you had to take the stairs on the outside of the ship for the last bit. It's a bit hard to find, but don't give up. I usually got up early and did my walking in the quiet and coolness of the early morning and then went for breakfast. I also always try to take the stairs throughout the cruise and have never gained a pound, in spite of enjoying all the food. Hope you enjoy your cruise!!!! :)

Archived