Where to get a Passport?

vesw01

I know you can go down there or go to a Post Office, but are there other means that you could use? We don't need one to be used for anything, but thought it would be a good idea to have one in hand for those last minute deals on cruises.

Anyone get one from somewhere other than the post office or passport place itself?

Assume if there is a photo place on site that you have to pay for the photos as well?

I believe you have to bring the photos with you. The exception "may" be if you actaully have a walk in appointment at a P.P issuing agency.

The OP makes no sense.:confused:

Post Office does not do pics. Just go to AAA, Walgreens or CVS and they will take them for you at a reasonable price.

Some post offices do the pics but ours was $15.00 so we got them taken at Walgreens instead for about $7.99.

Well, actually some post office locations do have photo shop but they double the cost... I got mine at walgreens and only paid $7.00 I then took the photos and the application (which I had filled out on-line then printed it with all my info typed in) to the local post office and I saw that they did have passport photos for sale for $15.00. The process is not that long and by the 5th day after I dropped the app off I is already being worked on...

I should recieve it in 4 weeks according to the on line status page... Well either way you decide is good just as long as you have one....

Post Office does not do pics. Just go to AAA, Walgreens or CVS and they will take them for you at a reasonable price.

No sure what you mean that the OP doesn't make sense.

There are other threads indicating that people ordered their passports from online agencies and such. I was just wondering if anyone had used any of them or what their web address was.

There are other threads indicating that people ordered their passports from online agencies and such. I was just wondering if anyone had used any of them or what their web address was.

Do a google search on passports... you'll find plenty of them. If you are wanting to pay more for a passport, by all means... go with that method. Otherwise, you could do it the traditional way, for less money.

Ok...now that made sense...sorry :)

As GC stated, the online folks do the same thing for more money. Not sure what the post office charges but the execution fee was $15.00 per application at my local courthouse.

I had my pics done at CVS and they were fine. My mom went to Walgreens in her town and when she got to PO, they had to redo them. The lady at Walgreens had NO idea what she was going and didn't get close enough. The people at Walgreens did refund her money. Just remember when you get them, they have to be a certain size and your head has to be a certain distance from the top. Specifics are on the Passport Site linked earlier.

I was in the Post Office on Saturday, to mail a package. I noticed that the fee for a standard adult passport was $97 total.

I don't understand what an online agency could do for you, that the Post Office can't, except perhaps accept credit cards. The USPS will only accept cash, checks or debit cards.

Since there's only one source (legal source, anyway) for a US passport and that's the US State Department, how could a third party beat their price? Is this a legal scam, similar to those guys who will sell you a list of government foreclosure sales that you could get for free, directly from the government?

As for the OP saying that they didn't really need a passport, but just thought it would be nice to have, they must not be planning on taking any cruises or other international travel after this December.

Paul Noble

I was in the Post Office on Saturday, to mail a package. I noticed that the fee for a standard adult passport was $97 total.

I don't understand what an online agency could do for you, that the Post Office can't, except perhaps accept credit cards. The USPS will only accept cash, checks or debit cards.

Since there's only one source (legal source, anyway) for a US passport and that's the US State Department, how could a third party beat their price? Is this a legal scam, similar to those guys who will sell you a list of government foreclosure sales that you could get for free, directly from the government?

As for the OP saying that they didn't really need a passport, but just thought it would be nice to have, they must not be planning on taking any cruises or other international travel after this December.

Paul Noble

These sources are legal... they are just methods of getting your passport quicker, and of course they charge a pretty penny for this service. Even the non expedited service is $59 from most places, plus the cost of your passport. If someone has no need for a passport right now, I can't for the life of me think of a reason to use one of these services.

My DH and I went to the County Courthouse with the papers that I printed from the Web site For Government

You can fill them out from the site and print them or you can get the papers right there, plus they take your photo too its like getting everything done at one time, and it only took us 3 weeks exactly to get them back.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/abo...ncies_913.html go here and do the paper work and print them out and take them to the Prothonatorys office with you also take your Birth Certificate and your picture ID

GOOD LUCK

If you want your passports back fast or even in what they qoute as the normal time, go the expedited route. They are getting busy. We submitted for ours 6 weeks ago and they havent been processed yet. I went online to check status and we arent in the system so I called today and they have the record of recieving them but they havent been processed yet or even entered into the system and it could be another three to four weeks before we get them.

The post office here took the pictures. I suppose it varies from place to place.

It used to be virtually none, but once they figured out they could make like $14.85 profit per customer there are more doing it. There is actually no reason you can't do your own digital photos: when I last did mine (Oct) the passport site had explicit instructions. However, Walgreen's computer has a special mode which allows them to get the required dimensions perfect. Well worth the $8...

It used to be virtually none, but once they figured out they could make like $14.85 profit per customer there are more doing it. There is actually no reason you can't do your own digital photos: when I last did mine (Oct) the passport site had explicit instructions. However, Walgreen's computer has a special mode which allows them to get the required dimensions perfect. Well worth the $8...

I was ok with the charge. It was fast and easy.

Archived