booked....then a discount shows?

:confused: Just a quickie question. We booked our Nov/06 cruise in March of this year. Last Friday, I noticed on the HAL promo site that they were running a promo accepting Canadian dollars at par for bookings until April 15th. Our cruise was included in the "blurb". I immediately fired an email off to our TA (who of course was on a holiday! ... timing ... jeez!). Anyhow she came back to me to-day with neither she nor her wholesaler could find anything about what I was talking about. So I went back on HAL's site, found the info, copied the link and sent it to her, still waiting to hear back.

Anyhow...... in my fellow CC'ers opinion, would we be entitled to this "sale" on our booking? It makes a difference of over $600 on our 7 day cruise!:confused:

Many promos are for new bookings only. I'd almost be willing to bet you'll need to cancel and rebook. This would mean paying another deposit and waiting for a return of your initial deposit. But for that money it would be worth it.

:confused: Just a quickie question. We booked our Nov/06 cruise in March of this year. Last Friday, I noticed on the HAL promo site that they were running a promo accepting Canadian dollars at par for bookings until April 15th. Our cruise was included in the "blurb". I immediately fired an email off to our TA (who of course was on a holiday! ... timing ... jeez!). Anyhow she came back to me to-day with neither she nor her wholesaler could find anything about what I was talking about. So I went back on HAL's site, found the info, copied the link and sent it to her, still waiting to hear back.

Anyhow...... in my fellow CC'ers opinion, would we be entitled to this "sale" on our booking? It makes a difference of over $600 on our 7 day cruise!:confused:

If they can't find a HAL Promo, you definitely need a new travel agency!!!

On our last cruise on the O'Dam DW, who is our TA, booked the cruise about 11 months earlier. There was a point where she was checking the costs and forund that the price dropped..She called HAL and what they did was to cancle our orignal booking then rebook with the new price..What you have to watch out for is that if you have any shoreX prebooked they are attached to the orginal booking so you will have to rebook them also

We booked our December Westerdam cruise on the Canadian at Par promo and even though we were at the TA's office only 3 days after the promo began, we had a hard time finding a cabin still available at the great rates. I guess they only released a certain number for each cruise on that promo. I went back to look at the offer and it does say that it is available for new bookings only.

Good luck! Hope they can do something for you...

Karen

Thanx all for the great replies. dakrewser and jhannah were correct in that it included new bookings only. I've talked to my TA and the reason she couldn't find it was because our original booking included the air, transfers and taxes. The Canadian at Par program was for cruise only, so she didn't think I meant that one. I'm actually better off leaving things as they are.

Archived