For those of you using Chilkoot tours

grannynanny

Would love to know exactly what time the train leaves for the Yukonn Train and bus tour. We are worried we won't get off the ship in time and if we would be better off with the ships tour. We sail June 18th.

Thanks, Nancy

I just emailed Kathy about this... the train leaves at 8am... they meet you at the dock at 7:30am. She knows about any delays the ship might have. Email her with your concerns and she will put them to rest. alaska-tours@hotmail.com We are almost 100% booking with them for 2007.... always leaving that fraction of a % open, but they look good to us! And the buses are smaller!! Love the idea of not feeling like cattle!

We sail on the Summit on June 17th and have booked the Yukon Rail & Bus Exursion for June 20th. My reservation confirmation tell be departure time is 7:30am. We arrive in Skagway at 7am and they told me not to worry. We would make the tour.

I believe they do the tour for the ship but at a higher rate. Celebrity charges $173 pp and Chilkoot is $158.18 inc. tax. pp.

Hope this helps.

Happy Sailing,

Arlene

I called about the same thing and they said that the arrival time was not a problem. Apparently about 7:00 is the normal time that most ships are tendering passengers. They said that we would not have any problem at all. The confirmation I received indicated that they would be meeting just off the dock and certainly I can make that in a half hour.

Dusty

Archived