Copenhagen Flight Question

Taking the Star Princess in August, disembarking on a Sunday morning at 6:00am. For those of you who have disembarked in Copenhagen and then transferred to CPH airport, is it cutting it too close to book a flight that leaves CPH at 10:15 am? The ship will have already overnighted there, so there is little risk of the ship being late to port. Many thanks.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question or I'm missing something?

If your ship docks the night before, then you can leave anytime you want, can't you? There would be no such thing as a 10:15AM flight "cutting it close". You simply have to get off the ship early.

Taking the Star Princess in August, disembarking on a Sunday morning at 6:00am. For those of you who have disembarked in Copenhagen and then transferred to CPH airport, is it cutting it too close to book a flight that leaves CPH at 10:15 am? The ship will have already overnighted there, so there is little risk of the ship being late to port. Many thanks.

You will have no problem. Between 6 to 10, that leaves you 4 hours. It will only take a taxi 20 min. to get to the airport. There will be no traffic at that time of day on a Sunday. If you take the cruise transfers, then I am not familiar with the process or time. Therefore, based on taking a taxi to the airport, you should have no difficulty. Maybe plan to be at the airport 90 min. early, and leaving yourself 30 min. travel time. so, if you left, in a taxi, by 8 am, you will be doing good. Have fun.

Steve

thanks very much for the info and input Steve. Jane--I had already thought of the idea of leaving the ship early, but that doesn't sound like much fun and my fellow travellers would prefer to stay an extra day in Copenhagen than do that. Just wanted to see if it seemed feasible to catch the sunday flight back. thanks again

The only slight problem you may have is getting a taxi early Sunday morning. Give yourself an extra 15-20 minutes for waiting in the taxi qeue. That happened to us last year on a Sunday morning. The other question is what time the ship will start disembarkation procedures - ie. what time will your luggage be available ashore.

Archived