The Holiday Was Great

tigereye

Just returned from a 4 dayer on the Holiday and had a blast. Embarkation is simpler at Mobile than any terminal I've been in. The ship is clean, the food was, I think, the best that I have ever had on a cruise and the staff is by far the friendliest I have ever had on a cruise. Colin has the Piano Bar rocking every night, The Highlites are in the Tahiti and everyone is doing Karaoke at some point in Doc Holiday's. Now, sometimes this Karaoke is Ok, but sometimes it is something other than that. But it is still fun. The shows, Shout and Extreme Country, are both very good and well done. I, like most other passengers who have cruised a few times, am a little tired of some of the pool games, but I hung out and yelled anyway. One of the girls who judged the hairy chest contest, which took place right in front of my chair, gave the contest a whole new meaning for me. I wanted it last much longer than it did. I was there early the next day to reserve my spot, hoping they might do it again, but it didn't happen.

There was a guy playing steel drums on deck every afternoon and he played a wide variety of songs and I enjoyed every one of them.

If there was a shortcoming on the entire cruise, it was the fact that water pressure in our cabin shower was very weak. Sometimes better than others. I was able to shower every day and I don't think I smelled the place up, so the shower was a minor obstacle for me. I had a group of 35 with me and I think everyone had the same comments that I have relayed to you.

I can't remember the man's name, but there was a guy playing guitar and singing at the Bus Stop and he, too, was pretty good.

If you go, find Stefan on deck and you will never have to wait for service. He is a very nice guy as well as an excelent waiter.

Had a great time in Cozumel.

If you are considering the Holiday, I say without hesitation, DO IT. It is a very nice experience. I haven't mentioned that this was my fourth time on the Holiday since 1993 and I might even go on her again sometime.

thank for the info on the holiday.. we are leaving july 8 and can't wait. was good to see a post on this ship again. we are trying to decide where to stay in mobile the night before.. any suggestions? :) thanks sophie

The Riverview Plaza Hotel is almost next to the cruise terminal. I have stayed there a few times when in Mobile. It has recently been refurbished and is very nice. When you wake up in the morning, you can see the ship from the Hotel.

Just got off the Holiday 4/29 with a complete set of Capers. (and menus). Not sure how to share them, though. I could scan them, but don't want to post to Webshots 'cause cruisedeckplans.com might hijack them. (plus webshots always crashes my computer!)

We took the Holiday last April and loved it! It was our first Carnival cruise so we had nothing to compare it to, but now that we've been on another, I think the staff on Holiday is FANTASTIC. Ship is super clean, food is fantastic, and just a great atmosphere. We had a lot of fun and laughed SO much. Who's the CD on that ship now? We loved Becca for Bingo......

• 2 weeks later...
Me Three!! :D

I'm going on this one too (Jul 8). Taking my mom on her first cruise as well. So we're "me four and five!" ;) Can't wait and hope our first experience will be fun. I also booked us on a December cruise on Golden Princess out of New Orleans.

The Holiday was my first cruise and we loved it. So far I have enjoyed this ship the most. Everyone was so friendly and the food was to die for. The last cruise was quite a disappointment in the food department after experiencing the Holiday.

Glad you enjoyed it too!

Archived