ATVs in Costa Maya

Redsoxfan14

My wife and I will be aboard the Carnival Victory in two weeks, which our first port of call is Costa Maya. 2 years ago in Cozumel we did the ATV tour (booked through Carnival) and had a great time. Does anyone know if there are any ATV tour companies in Costa Maya? I have searched and searched and can not find anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Other than the one through Carnival I haven't been able to find any either. Problem is there's not a lot of ATV's offered. We're on the Miracle in August and tried to sign up last week - my son and his wife got the last two so they're going ATV'n and we're going to try the Kart Adventure. We'll see.

Sue

Imagination '95

Elation '98

Miracle 8/06

Hello,

Although I do not know about Carnivals excursions in Costa Maya, I am booked on a RCI cruise that stops there on December the 12th. Well the excursions just opened up online, and although there were only about 7 to choose from, we chose the ATV' adventure. It is listed as $99 for 2.5 hours, and although you may not be able to book it with CCL, I would think you may be able to book with them directly. The one we chose is a 7:30 am departure, so it leaves enough time to explore the port after the excursion. I will copy the description here for you:

ATV Xplorer and Beach Tour

Approximate Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes

Adult: 99.00 (USD) | Child: 99.00 (USD)

Hop on an exclusive ATV experience that occurs on jungle trails that date back to the ancient Maya and never before open to the public. This previously inaccessible journey will lead you to a breathtaking beach that is hidden from the crowds.

The tour begins as you receive a safety briefing and full riding instruction. You will be provided with helmets and goggles. Next, it is time to get on your very own state of the art, Bombardier Rally 200 series. The ATV is fully automatic so it is ideal for beginners and experts alike. Once you have settled into your vehicle away you GO! Caravan through the back of town and begin to experience the off road country of Costa Maya. You will be led as a group out of town and into the thick Tropical Jungle of the Yucatan.

Your Jungle experience will contain endless species of flora and fauna. After you off road through Mexicos deep forest and encounter signs of Mayan activity you will come out of the jungle trail and stop at the BEACH! Now all you have to do is relax, bask in the sun, have lunch or play beach volleyball. You will have forty five minutes to rest up before you head out. The trip back will be through a coastal trail where you will be accompanied by the view of the ocean.

Note: Minimum age to participate is 18 years old. Limited to 1 person per vehicle.

-Mike

Archived