Hotels in San Juan

We are looking for a nice and economical place to stay the night prior in San Juan. We will not be arriving untill about 8:00pm and will be boarding the next day, so we don't neeed anything fancy, just clean and safe. Any suggestions? What are the prices we should expect to pay. So far the prices seem way higher then in Miami? Help! We are going on the Serenade January 29th.

I have said it before, but San Juan hotels are notorious for one of the worst price to value ratios.... prices are very high and service is [i]generally[/i] poor.

Priceline and Hotwire are great in the area, with resort properties going for under $75/nite in off-season and in the mid-$130's during peak-season.

If Priceline/Hotwire doesn't work for you, the Inter-Continental somtimes has a good web rate but it's often only available in low-season and when it is available, you can usually do better with Hotwire. Wyndham has a few properties in San Juan and you can sometimes get decent rates when they have a "by Request" sale.

Just keep price watching if you are not going to use Priceline. The taxi's are good right now...I think. They were on strike. We never had any problem finding a taxi. From the airport, just make sure you get a taxi rep just outside the terminal. They will have on jackets and will lead you over to a kiosk and ask where you are going. They will then give you a rate and a ticket to give to your driver.

First thing you should do is go to [url]www.biddingfortravel.com[/url]. This will
give you an idea of what people are bidding and getting through
Priceline. Don't worry about being too far from the pier. Most of the
hotels are within a 15-20 minute ride of the piers, and their rates are
not outrageous. When we sailed from San Juan in early april, we got
the Wyndham Condado Plaza for around $80 if I remember correctly.
The taxi fare from the airport to the hotel was $10, and it was the same
from the hotel to the pier. At the end of the cruise, we took a taxi to
the airport and that was also $10. Since you're going in january, this is
not too early to start looking.

We are staying a Hampton Inn and Suites in Isla Verde - you'll find it on the Hilton website. This came highly recommended and it includes a full breakfast which most PR hotels don't. We will be there this Saturday night, so look for an AOS 7/4 review when I get back!!!

We got the Hilton last January in San Juan for $75 through Priceline. It was fantastic. If you join HHonors rewards club you get free wine & appetizers in the evening and continental breakfast in the morning. It wasn't far to the port, around a $7 or $8 cab ride.

Archived