Poker on the Conquest

We were on the April 30th sailing. Thought someone might be interested in what I found.

An independent company had a poker room set up in The Gallery, which is a small room on level 4 between Alfred's Bar and the Renoir Restaurant. I had a heck of a time finding it. This was not publized by Carnival AT ALL. I guess they just book cabins and then rented the room for the week. There was bar service from regular waiters and people would go up to the buffet and bring back lunch. They had regular poker tables and dealers. Don't know if they are there every cruise, or just this one.

I found out about it on the second sea day from a table mate at breakfast. They ran a continuous $1/2 NL cash game while at sea, and also had a couple of sit & go tournaments each day. I only played one sit & go on the last sea day. Everyone else playing seemed to know each other pretty well.

The company web site is www.worldcardcruises.net. They have a poker cruise in November, but give conflicting information on their web site about it. One place says it's on the Conquest, but it's a four day cruise. Some of the ships description fits the Conquest, some of it doesn't. Use your own judgement as to how legitimate and organized they are.

Archived