Caribbean - March vs July

It depends on the ship and itinerary. March is typically spring break time, you may see more college kids onboard, but the weather is usually nicer...not nearly as HOT, and as you know, not hurricane season. In July you will get more kids overall, as schools are out.

I'd pick March over July in a heartbeat, if there is a choice. :)

July - Hot enough to go to the beach anywhere and find warm water. Lots of families and kids.

March - Slightly cooler weather and it may be too cool to swim at many beaches. Few kids unless it's spring break.

March lends the possibility of lots of Spring Breakers. I've cruised twice in March. July can be HOT. I've only cruise once in July. I tend to not cruise in the summer. I think I would book based on what is best for your family, timewise, and the rates.

Marie

Karen, didn't you just returned from AOS? Already planning another cruise?;)

March, especially first two weeks, is cheaper than July! When I cruised MOS during a spring break (1st week of March), there were not very many spring breakers yet. We had a great time although water in Grand Caymans was very rough.

July is Hot,Hot,Hot. Personally for me it is to hot for walking around some of the islands unless I am in the water or sitting next to the water with a drink in my hand. We typically cruise every March specifically because it is Spring break. Weather has always been just perfect to us. Then again, living in Florida and being able to enjoy something other then HOT is a treat..lol :cool:

Archived