Carnival bashing??? Why???

kstwo728

I started to read this entire thread but decided just to skip to the end and add my 2 cents.

Sometimes people equate less expensive with inferrior. I like Carnival because the price is right! For the amount of money I would spend on an inside cabin on RCCI, I can get a nice balcony cabin. This next year we will have a 9A cabin on the Glory - other ships don't seem to offer the wrap around balcony - atleast not at a price that is affordable.

Back in the 70's Carnival started out with one old refurbished ship renamed "Marti Gras". It was leveraged to the eyeballs. One its first sailing, it ran aground and the cruise industry laughed at the upstart company. When their ship would sail away from Fl., the entire Carnival Corp. would go to Mickey's apartment and party and it was a small apartment.

Today Carnival is the largest cruiseline ever. And the Carnival Corp. owns 7 cruiselines and almost more ships than the rest of the worldwide industry combined. Plus they do not borrow money to build a new ship like all other lines, they have it in the bank.

It defies logic to say or in any way believe they did this by offering an inferior product that no one wants to come back to. Lowest return rate? That's just too silly.

Is Carnival my favorite line? No its not, only because I have no "fave". But I have sailed Carnival on 12 of my 46 cruises and would/will sail them again.

Dan

Hello everyone. Trying to become a first time cruiser here with my partner and looking at all cruise lines. Seems like Carnival offers me more options to take a cruise leaving during the week, as I have to juggle weekend work time, around a cruise vacation. Some have tried to steer me away from Carnival guess from old opinions from the past as a "party" only vacation and as a gay couple we would enjoy some other gay friendly lines. I am posting here as there seems to be some very nice and sincere Carnival cruisers that I can get an honest assessment and advice from. I have joined Carnival's web site and had a PVP call me the next day after joining. Had a very nice talk with him and got a good feeling about Carnival. Still I have read alot on CC boards some negatives about Carnival. Alot of you here on this thread have been on many cruises with Carnival and had great vacations. Just asking if you think we would enjoy Carnival.???? I like the fact that the ships look great and as I said before they offer me more options aound our work schedules that include some weekends. Looking at the Ledgend and the Victory. I could have posted this on the G&L board but I have been keeping up with thread and enjoyed your insights as to why you like Carnival so decided to post and hope I can get some sincere and helpful advice. Guess I tring to find out if the present day Carnival cruiser feels if Carnival is a good way for us to go. Thanks.

Dan and Miguel

...as a gay couple we would enjoy some other gay friendly lines. ... Just asking if you think we would enjoy Carnival.?

Dude, you're likely to have more trouble in k'ville NC as a gay couple than you would on a Carnival cruise.

Dude, you're likely to have more trouble in k'ville NC as a gay couple than you would on a Carnival cruise.

Thats good to hear rwilymz as we have never had any trouble here in our home town. Thanks for the reply.

Dan and Miguel

I went on my first cruise for HM with carnival, people were saying the same thing , how bad they are and everything, but when i got on that boat we had the best time in the world, people & staff were great,i was glad i didnt listen to anyone, i guess u can judge for yourself when you go. I hope you love it have a great HM.:)

Thats good to hear rwilymz as we have never had any trouble here in our home town. Thanks for the reply.

Dan and Miguel

Dan and Miguel, hey neighbors!! you'll have a great time on Carnival!! There are FOD meetings on board, and you will definitely not be alone!!!!! You will find alot of tolerant people that just want to have a good time... it's a cruise, we all have the same goal!!!! I think you will have a wonderful time!!!!

Dan and Miguel,

I don't think you will find Carnival a dissapointment. There are people out there who thrive on griping about this and that. They have nothing better to do. I have never had any complaints about Carnival. We have always been treated well and had a good time. Vacation is what you make of it. I choose to make it a good time.

You will have a good time too. Don't let the "bashers" change that. They are the sour pusses.

Dan and Miguel

I know what you mean, a lot of people tried to get me to spend a lot more money on a different cruise, instead I went fairly high class ( balcony and a really nice hotel prior ) on a Cruise we could afford.

People being what they are, I am not sure you can fault the cruise line itself for the way passengers act, but I suspect you wount have any problem being a couple on this or any cruise.

I sure hope you do book something, but you have to promise to come back to CC and tell us about it.

We are down to 40 days to go for our first cruise, and we can hardly wait.

Dan and Miguel,

I don't think you will find Carnival a dissapointment. There are people out there who thrive on griping about this and that. They have nothing better to do. I have never had any complaints about Carnival. We have always been treated well and had a good time. Vacation is what you make of it. I choose to make it a good time.

You will have a good time too. Don't let the "bashers" change that. They are the sour pusses.

Hey Debbie, thanks for the nice reply. I am an RN here , and Miguel works for Dell. We both have weekend work so I am finding Carnival offers more sailings leaving during the week on Mondays and Tuesdays so that helps with our sometime weekend schedules. Thanks for the nice remarks that we would enjoy Carnival. From the prices and the ports of call I have Carnival at the top of my list. You ever sailed out of New York??

Dan and Miguel

GoinCrusin

Hey back at you neighbor. Not too far from Raleigh here in Kville. Thanks for the reply. Good to hear your remarks about Carnival. Can I ask if you have ever sailed out of New York????

Dan and Miguel

I haven't sailed out of New York... although I would love to some day. I think the key is timing, for good weather. I think the Legend is doing Caribbean, and the Victory is doing Canada... whichever you are planning, you can either do a search on reviews here... or, go to the top of the page, and click on "reviews" and go to the reviews for these ships... you will get varying opinions and that might help make your mind up!!! If we can help at all, we most certainly will!!! Take care and keep us posted on your decision!!!

I have taken 3 trips with Carnival and I am looking forward to the next. It always amazes me when I read two completely different reviews on the same cruise. One passenger claiming the ship is gawdy and ugly, while another claims the same ship was beautiful and the decor inspired.

It is really a matter of personal taste, and your cruise will be what you make it. Get involved, enjoy the nightlife and since this is your first cruise, book shore excursions. There are so many amazing ways to enjoy a cruise vacation that I could not even list them here.

Carnival is as good or better than any other cruise line.

I'll add my appreciation of Carnival to the list. We've been on Carnival 3 times and have our 4th booked. They sure are doing something right! I have found the best pricing on Carnival.

As far as the cruise experience, I can only compare to the 2 RCCI cruises. They are very similar to me. Only little things were different but better, such as the comfy bedding, the leather clad menus, the larger sized cabins to name a few, on Carnival!

Given that I can get a balcony for the price of an OV, I'll keep going back to Carnival, though I wouldn't say no to a great deal on any cruise. :)

kitty

I can see your nose growing from here ;)

No, you can't. Because it's not. :)

But Carnival is truly the most popular....with 21 ships each holding more than 1800 passengers (min. of 37,800 pax each day). No one can take that away from them.

We are veteran cruisers who have cruised on many luxury lines, (40+) but, when it comes to family cruises with the kids and grandkids it is the Carnival. We are taking our whole family, 18 of us, on the July 2nd Pride voyage.

We know that the teen/20ish kids will have a blast and the couples are looking forward to the cruise with great anticipation.

When you are getting on in years it is wonderful to cruise the small boutique ships without the hustle-bustle of the high school/college kids but if you want to enjoy being with your family and watching them enjoy the joys of the high seas, IMHO Carnival is the best line.:):):)

We love Carnival and can hardly wait to get back on board.

The price is right and we can get a great balcony for what we'd have to pay for an inside cabin on Royal C....and we like the less formal atmosphere on Carnival. On Royal C we were told "no jeans" - what kind of vacation is that?

Hey Dan, Welcome my fellow RN. Most people don't get my user name unless they are in the medical field. My sister in law thought it was something to do with packing a suitcase. What type of nursing do you do? I know what you mean about working on the weekends ( and holiday's). Althought there are no surgeries scheduled for the weekend there is always something happening. I can always count on going it to recover a patient on the weekends.

Glad you have decided on a cruise. They are alot of fun and you will find a variety of people. When you get a large group of people together you know there will be diversity.

We love cruising. It's a great vacation for our family. Hope you have a great time.

Hey Dan, Welcome my fellow RN. Most people don't get my user name unless they are in the medical field. My sister in law thought it was something to do with packing a suitcase. What type of nursing do you do? I know what you mean about working on the weekends ( and holiday's). Althought there are no surgeries scheduled for the weekend there is always something happening. I can always count on going it to recover a patient on the weekends.

Glad you have decided on a cruise. They are alot of fun and you will find a variety of people. When you get a large group of people together you know there will be diversity.

We love cruising. It's a great vacation for our family. Hope you have a great time.

"Bubbette" here. You still up?

Hey Debbie,

Work in a chidrens hospital here for about 20yrs. Looks like you have a great cruise lined up. Good to hear you enjoy Carnival. Got my Carnival books in the mail today so I will scan over them. If I have any questions hope I can ask a fellow nurse for help. LOL

Dan and Miguel

Dan and Miguel

I know what you mean, a lot of people tried to get me to spend a lot more money on a different cruise, instead I went fairly high class ( balcony and a really nice hotel prior ) on a Cruise we could afford.

People being what they are, I am not sure you can fault the cruise line itself for the way passengers act, but I suspect you wount have any problem being a couple on this or any cruise.

I sure hope you do book something, but you have to promise to come back to CC and tell us about it.

We are down to 40 days to go for our first cruise, and we can hardly wait.

Hey, thanks for the response. I am looking at Carnival the same way as you. I would like to have a balcony like you. You dont have many days til your cruise. When I do book one I will be sure to tell you about it. I do hope you enjoy your trip. I would also like to know how you enjoyed your cruise.

Dan and Miguel

Just ignore them. My wife and I (26 and 30y/o) just went on the Ecstasy. I sailed on the Fantasy in 1992 on my Sr Trip. We heard bad reviews about Carnival and Ecstasy after we booked it. We had the best time of our lives. The ship was beautiful and we had an absolute blast. The food was awsome and our wait staff was one of a kind. I have never been pampered like this since my last cruise in 1992. Although I am 14 years older I still had just as much fun and was just as much in aw of the cruise ship and services offered. Hope you guys have a blast on your HM.

Archived