First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Thank you, Kim! I think I'll start having the peanut butter toast. I'm a lush when it comes to peanut butter! :) Also, I've discovered that a half cup of tuna salad (tuna and mayo) is 7 points, so I might start doing that for lunch.

Thank you again for your support. I've never eaten so much in my life! I can't imagine how this is going to work! Then I'm also scared that I'm doing it wrong and will end up gaining 10#'s in a week...

Mary~We have to stop meeting like this,:D OMG people, you can't eat all your points!! I have the opposite problem LOL:D . They are right breakfast is really important, the few times I did'nt eat it (must of been sick) I stayed the same. exercise is also really key. Gotta keep moving.

Dianne

Congrats! We are all just a bunch of losers!

Of course, it's hard to keep track of who is who and how much they have lost. LOL I need to write it down.

If everyone doesn't mind posting..how much have you lost and how long have you been doing WW?

After week five I have lost 12.8lbs. But a little history. I did WW four years ago pretty faithfully for 10 months and lost 50lbs. Got comfortable with that loss and quit going. I still needed to lose 50lbs more. Gained back 25lbs. :-( in the past 3 years...so I'm back at it and trying hard to stay focused.

Michelle

Michelle~I joined WW the end of last Feb. I weighed 183 today I weigh 161. I have not worked real hard over the summer pretty much stayed in the 161 to 165 range. Once I was actually at 159 that lasted about 2 days:mad: I just got serious again a couple of weeks ago and have really started adding exercise. Just recently went down a size due to losing inches. I'm doing this really slowly but am changing my woe for life. Pretty tired of working to lose weight then putting it back on.

Sam73~At least you didn't gain! I'm with you I will take any loss I can.

Dianne

Michelle~ I have been doing ww for 16 months i have lost 59.5 pounds. I was stuck at 42 pounds from I would say dec.- may(ok I was not as faithfull) In may I found these boards and they sure do help. Since then I have been losing. i bumped up my cardio and started drinking a pond of water a day (lol). Its working, Istill have 25 to go to reach my goal. I am going to do it I am so close now. I feel much better, I love shopping again, I look back to how I was and I never want to be there again. I know I have to do this for the rest of my life, I finally get that. Some days I get aggitated, and I want to eat something I shouldn't, so I get on these boards and read. It helps.

I had every woman's least favorite yearly check up yesterday, and their scale had me a pound HEAVIER than I was on Monday. I'm trying not to get discouraged...I know all scales are different. It was just deflating to my psyche I guess...I haven't had any of my extra points, I've been trying really hard to eat all my points. I feel like I'm eatting better, I just don't know. Monday is the true test I guess.

BTW, Congratulations Michelle!!

Hi Everyone,

I just found this part of the board!! This is awesome.. I started WW the first of April for my Nov. cruise. To date I have lost 26.2lbs. I'm really trying to step it up and follow the program to the letter for the next 8 weeks. I would love to lose another 10-15lbs before we cruise.

Mary...DON'T pay any attention to any other scale!! I got on my Doc's scale a few days before my first weigh in and it said I had stayed the same and I was very discouraged. When I weighed in I had lost 8.4 lbs ( that was for 2 weeks). So just wait for your official weigh in, and good luck and let us know.

Kim

Mary,

I agree with Kim. Don't let the doctors scale discourage you. It could be the clothes you had on, if you had shoes on. Any number of things. Congrats to everyone for staying focused.

I weighed in tonight and lost another 2.6. I joined on Aug. 12th and have lost 16.8 in six weeks. I walked alot this week and drank my water. I also usually use all my points. I don't use the exercise points unless I really have to.

One thing I do for myself is the night I weigh in I get something that I really like to eat reguardless the points and then I don't feel cheated. Then I start over the next day with my tracker and just go from there.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Cheryl :)

Thanks Kim, Cheryl, Sam and Mary for the encouragement. Welcome our new Mary. :-)

Cheryl sounds like you started about when I did. I do the same thing. Thursday is my weigh in day so that evening I eat whatever I'm really hungry for..regardless of the points..then start my week over again. I figured it probably uses the extra points we are allowed for the week.

Michelle

Hello all! This is my third week on WW and I'm hooked. In the past I tried the Curves diet (thought I didn't go to the Curves gyms) and lost 25 lbs. Of course, I went off the diet and regained about 10 of that. I tried going back on Curves to lose the weight, but didn't have any luck. I was sticking to the diet (Carb Sensitive, for those of you who are familiar with it), but just wasn't seeing any results. So, I thought I'd give South Beach a try. Same thing, no results. I was beginning to think I was going to be stuck at this weight forever when a coworker suggested WW. I started out at 160 and I am down to 153.7 midway through my third week. The plan is to get to 135 before I cruise in February. I don't attend meetings so I'm counting on these boards for support. :)

Hi all, and huge congrats to the losers here.

After my disastrous (weight wise) 3 days near Paris, I got a stinking head cold and struggled to keep on the programme during the week. I have now just come home from a church weekend away when I also had no control of the food on offer. I am dreading going to class tomorrow night and it is now only 5 and half weeks till we fly over for our cruise from Tampa.

So....it is back on the straight and narrow and damage limitation until WI, then No Count food only for a month. I really need a cushion of losing at least half a stone before the 14 night cruise and 2 further weeks land based in Florida afterwards.

I am relying on you all and my WW buddy in Yorkshire to keep me under control!!!

Cinnamon

BOY are the weekends hard! I never knew how much I snacked until this weekend. It's a good think my meetings are on Mondays, so I could remember what I'll be doing the very day after the weekend.

Thanks everyone for the support with the scale fiasco. I guess I need to learn to "Keep Away" until my actual weigh in. This way I wont get discouraged!

Cinnamon ~ I've heard a lot of people from Europe say they need to loose "stones" Would you mind explaining to me exactly what you mean by stones? I understand it has somehting to do with weight, I'm just not sure what.

RooksWS6 ~ We are totally here for you!! Congrats on the new lifestyle you have chosen. I will be entering my second week tomorrow :)

Well, I'm off to help with our youth group Sunday. Have a great evening everyone!

~Mary

Mary, I am sorry, I forgot for a moment that this site is mostly US based and reverted to my posting style I use on the British WW site.

A stone is 14lbs. So 10 stone equals 140lbs and 15 stone is 210lbs. Unfortunately, I am quite close still to the latter!!

There is always a good boost when you drop down to the next stone, i.e., I am so looking forward to being 13 stone 13, rather than the current 14 stone 5lbs.

Cinnamon

Hi all I still have jury duty and my company left yesterday. I have not been able to get close to the computer. Lot's of new people that's great and new idea's.

Cinnamon~ I think I will start using the stone measure at our WW meetings they would love it. Besides I don't feel as heavy saying 11 stones 5 lbs (159) is that right? I have stayed at 159 for a few days now so I guess I'm finally at that goal. Now I shoot for 149.

You are going to have such a good time on your cruise and those 2 extra weeks in florida will be wonderful.

You are on the right track, I did it with WW so will you!! Why your only a stones throw away!!!:D :)

Dianne

P.S. I have to go sorry I can't talk to every one. Catch you later.

Hi Guys... I just found you... how exciting... I booked my cruise over the weekend and I am three weeks into weight watchers... I have about 80 lbs to lose and my goal is to have 1/2 off by my cruise in February... I have already lost 7.8 lbs... Yea... today I could actually take down my jeans without unbuttoning them...yea... They were kinda snug last month...

Also...I just calculated that if I cut 5 day per week breakfast and lunch fast food spending habit, I will actually pay for my cruise and airline ticket... wow.. losing weight and saving enough to pay for my vacation... what a deal!!! So I am doing the core plan so far so good... actually, I am not missing anything too much yet other than the convenience of eating out all the time... but I'll get over it to know that I'm cruising for "FREE" in less than 5 months... Good luck at next weigh-in everyone!

:p Hello everyone. I started WW back in April before I knew I was going on another cruise. I got off track for a couple months. I have been able to keep the 10lbs. I lost off for these 5 months which is surprising. Today I started back on WW and am hoping to stay on it this time up until our cruise. Having an online forum will help support me through this. I hope to loose like 80 lbs. total, hopefully 40 of that will be before the cruise. Does anyone think it is possible to loose that much. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Well done Mary!!!!!!!

Welcome Debra Lynn and Fishy1, how strange that you both want to lose 40 out of 80 excess pounds before your cruises. I certainly hope that you both make it.

I am afraid that during the winter we go away far too often for me to loose that much. I only seem able to stick to the plan at home and go silly as soon as we are away. In just over 5 weeks we come to Florida for a month of which 2 weeks is cruising. We then have only 17 days back in Britain before leaving for our Christmas in Canada trip of 2 and a half weeks. Ouch! Not only are we stretching our finances but our waistbands too. LOL

Cinnamon

Mary....Way to go!!!! I am glad you didn't let that doc's scale get you down. Keep up the good work and eat those points.

I weighd in last night and lost 1.2 lbs. I have now lost 16.4 in 6 weeks. So hopefully, Debra Lynn, it is possible to lose 40 by our cruises ( I go in April). Have a great week everyone.

Kim

Archived