First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Cheryl and Judy, great job. It is work, but worth it. I weigh in on wednesday hopefully I will lose something. it gets harder and harder. Today I have my grandfathers 80 bithday, hopefully I can get through with out screwing up,lots of food but there will be chicken and salad,so I will try to stick to that. Hvae a good day everyone.

Hello Everyone,

Cheryl, GREAT JOb! How did you do that???

It took me 3 weeks to do that!!!! What are you eating or not eating?

How much exercise are you doing?

I have lost 30 lbs since May 4th but have another 20 lbs to go! This 20 I have been told will not be 1/2 as fun or easy as the last 20..is that right for you experienced WW folks????

Way to go everyone...have a great week!

When I lost my weight initially it took me 14 months to lose 20 pounds. Forever in my book! But I did it and I kept it off for two months. Then I slowly stopped paying attention and put about 10 back on whcih I am now working on relosing. So, no the last 20 wont be as easy but, on the bright side, you are over half way there, you have dont a fantastic job and you should be proud of yourself!!!

Great job Kim! You're right, it is work, but with great rewards in the end. Hey Cheryl, congratulations on 8.6 in your first week! Hope everyone is having a good week.

Judy

I am a WW member in the UK and a cruise nut. I have just found this thread and wonder if anyone here is using the No Count programme which I think is called Core Plan in the US? It is when you have a list of foods that are free to eat, have 3 meals a day and eat until you are 'comfortably full'. You also have 21 points per week to have as extras.

I have been trying to follow this for several months. Have lost 18lbs. but am losing will-power a bit. MY size has partly been caused by 15 cruises since 1998, when we took our first, but I have been a y-yo dieter for 25 years or more (I am 54 now).

Sorry if this programme has been discussed here a lot but I couldn't read through so many pages.

Cinnamon

Hi Cinnamon

Not on the core system . I like the flex still . You can make it work if you just remember its not a diet but a lifesyle. Our old lifestyles are what got us into trouble. Just like quitting smoking or drinking. Keep it up you can do it or maybe switch to flex for a while and see if that changes it up enough for you to continue.

Good Luck

Jeff

I was so happy to find a WW thread here on this board. We're going on our very first cruise next May and I've been a member of Weight Watchers for a little over a year and a half now. I'm a lifetime member and a little nervous about cruising and the food deal.

I lost 119lbs on this program. Needless to say, I can't say enough good things about Weight Watchers. I look forward to watching this thread.

BTW, my name is Mari-Anne and I live in Staten Island in NYC and we'll be cruising out of Cape Liberty in NJ.

I went back to Weight Watchrs 4 weeks ago. I have lost 10 lbs. so far. Our cruise is Dec. 2. Want to get 30 lbs. off by trip. I used Core for 2 weeks then switched to Flex. It works better for me to see it written down daily. Exercise is the key! I go to water aroebics 3x a week in deep end, walk around our lake 5 times a week (1 mile each time). I will go back to Curves in mid Sept. when the pool closes outside. We live in Colorado so walking in the winter will be a no-no around the lake. Our Rec Center has an indoor 1 mi track I can switch to and I will do that. I am down one size already and that is a good motivator.

Mari-anne, That is GREAT! you must be so proud of yourself. Thank you everyone for the wonderful words. I walked an hour a night for4 of the 6 nights before my weigh in and drank lots of water. I ate the max of my points everyday (give or take a couple.) I heard that it is very good to eat to the max. I am hoping for a good weigh in this week. I know it won't be that much again. The first week is always the best. I am doing the flex plan. Haven't really looked over Core that much. My probally is that I am not big on vegtables.

Once again thanks to everyone for the kind words. I will let you know how this week goes!!!:)

Cheryl in Pittsburgh

Cheryl, I think you're doing great with the program. Exercise and water were key for me on the way down the scale. It's definitely a good idea to eat as many points as you can daily and still lose, even if it means losing a little more slowly because it keeps your metabolism revved. Another good idea is to vary your point intake from day to day, for instance, eating the most of your flex points on 2 or 3 days during the week with one especially high point day (but don't make that high point day the day before your WI or you could have a false gain from water and the weight of the food in your body).

Good luck everyone with your goals and your cruises!

We are off tomorrow for a long weekend away to visit our son and DIL. Thanks for reminding me about water intake and lots of exercise. I have been good on those recently at home but I know that I will struggle while away.

Cinnamon

Hi all, I have been on a little break to the Sierra Nevada's I'm proud to report I lost one pound. I don't weigh in till Friday and have missed the last 3 meeting's so I'm anixous to get at it.

Cinnamon~Have fun with DS and DIL everyone is right drink your water. Where do they live??

Marie-Anne~What a great accomplishment, did you ever get tired of it all and backslid a bit? I did that a couple of weeks ago but trying to regain my motivation now.

Debbie~You have lost 30 pounds since May, That's so great!!! Are you exercising you tail off?

Well I have to make some dinner, so Jeff, Mo, Judy , Kim, Cheryl, Sam, Denise and Danceot. Have a great evening and just in case I don't get back at it have a wonderful, healthy weekend!!

I'm sure I forgot someone, please don't take it personal just my memory failing me.:o

Dianne

Diane, wow the Sierra Nevadas. Did you camp? It sounds beautiful. Way to go losing weight on vacation. So hard to do. I did it last year on our trip to Maine, but we camped and did a ton of hiking too.

While I was losing I had times where it slowed down and I am not a perfect WW by far. I don't count points on vacation. I do try not to make a complete glutton of myself or slide into really bad behaviors, but I indulge a bit more. But I lost pretty consistantly all the way. I had two gains. I was totally prepared for many more and for it to take much longer. I got lucky and my body apparently wanted to lose that weight.

I am a bit nervous about the sheer amount of food I'll be able to potentially eat on this cruise. But I am happy honestly to hear that the midnight buffet thing doesn't happen every night. I'm a sucker for a banquet. *grins*

Hello everyone! Congrats on everyones weight loss. I joined WW 3 years ago and lost 55 lbs. The bad news over those 3 years I gained back 20. I really need to lose at least 80 lbs. I'm hoping to get that done before march or april for my our anniversary cruise to Hawaii. I'm so tired of being overweight on these cruises.

Anyway, I joined WW again last Thursday and I weigh in tomorrow..so wish me luck. It was a hard week.

I'm hoping that this weight loss thread helps.

Michelle

Hi again, Marie-Anne (pretty name BTW) we were up in the Carson city and Tahoe area. My best friend and I had a great friend pass away a few months ago. He put it in his will that we would scatter his ashes and was specific. So it involved hiking, swiming, flying, and toasts. It really was a celebration of a wonderful life.

Michelle~Welcome I think you will like it here. Some of us get busy and may only have time to read sometimes but they forgive us. Losing 55 pounds is a great accomplishment so you know you can do it. These threads really help me, so glad your here.

Dianne

Dianne, my Ds and DIL live in Manchester, northwest England. I live in Surrey in the southeast. It is about a four hour drive. They have just moved into their first house after living in a rented flat for their first year. The house was built in the 1920s. There has been some remedial building work done and it was rewired last week but it is still going to be like living in a building site!

Michelle, I know what you mean about not wanting to be overweight on cruises again. My BMI is currently 33. It was 36 in February. I hope to get down to 30 and be merely 'Overweight' rather than 'Obese'. Also, I want to lose enough to be able to relax a bit while away rather than have to be too strict.

Have a good weekend all. Cinnamon

Welcome Michelle! I'm new to CruiseCritic and this thread, but have been with WW for about a year and a half now. If you've lost on the program before, you can do it again. At least you're back and haven't given up.

Dianne, that was such a lovely thing for you and your friend to do for your other friend. That is basically what I want when I go. Scattering to the four directions in some of my favorite places. It'll give my husband or family members of mine a nice excuse for a vacation. I also want a party instead of a stuffy memorial service. *smiles*

Thanks for the welcome.

Well, my first week back at WW wasn't so bad. I lost 6 lbs. Still that should make me happy but it's such a drop in the bucket. Just got to change my way of thinking. Hope everyone else had a good week.

Thanks for listening.

Michelle

Archived