First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Hi all, Well I made it to WW today first time in 3 weeks to much traveling and eating. My scales and WW don't agree, Mine say 161 there's say 163 afraid I will have to go by their's working hard to get to that 159 goal I was there once for a couple odf day's:( so here we go again.

Cinammon~My DIL is from London, they live in Cincinnati, Ohio now. I want to go over with then and have a native show me the sites. We were there a couple of years ago and did all the tourist things but now I want to see the real country side. I really enjoyed my visit makes me hungry for more.

Michelle~ It's a good beginning, don't think of the whole amount you'll drive yourself crazy. Just go 5 or 10 pounds at a time. They may of already said this but the best advice I got here was to get measured. When you don't loose pounds if your doing some exercise you'll start seeing those inches come off.

Okay going to hit the hay, Have a great week-end.:)

Dianne

Hi Diane, England sounds lovely. My husband has been, but I haven't. We considered that for our trip next year, but decided on the cruise instead. Neither of us have done it before.

As for the goal. You'll get there. You're bck from your travelling now and able to focus on your goal better. I hate when my scale and theirs don't agree. But thankfully with the new digital I got last year, mine is usually 1.5lbs HIGHER than the center scale. lol

Thanks, Marie-Anne, I needed that. Wish mine was higher then I would be pleasantly surprised:) I'm just going to have to add 2 pounds to it here.

We were the same my husband had been to England but not me. We think we have history here, but they have HISTORY! Wow I saw so many awesome things, I understand the country side is beautiful so I have to see it some day! Traveling is so expensive but we are finally getting some done.

Have a good one, Dianne

A big thank you to Kim, Mari-Anne, Cheryl, Dianne and Cinnamon for all of your encouragement! If I left anyone out..thank you too. :-)

I have been sticking with the program and walking a mile every day since my weigh in day with is Thursday. That first week I was only able to stay on the progrom for 5 days..but 6 lb loss is great. Hoping this weeks weigh in will be good as well.

I'm starting to feel more positive thanks to you all. I hate always telling my husband how i'm doing because he knows I have given up before and I hate disappointing him again and again.

What program do you girls and guys follow..flex or core? I tried core but just couldn't get with it. Flex plan seems to work better for me.

I'm definitely a Flex girl. I do eat alot of Core foods, but I need the portion control of the Flex plan. Counting points is a way of life for me now (well, except on vacation lol) like brushing my teeth or taking a shower. But I know people who swear by Core. I love that we have a choice of what works best for us as members.

Are people here meeting members or do some people do the online program? I have Etools and spend some time on the boards at the WW website as well.

I'm really glad I found this board.

Hi all,

Weighed in today and lost 1.2 I'm pleased as I was hoping for a pound. I was surprised to put a skirt on today that was too snug last month. Even with just 6.2 lbs gone, I feel a difference.

Sounds like everyone is having a great week. I'm really envious of all the big losses. I generally lose very slowly as I eat the maximum allowed. Usually a lot of carbs and sugar.

One of my Leaders is a real inspiration. She has lost over 160 lbs. She has a saying that she keeps on the fridge in regards to her loss. "Nothing tastes as good, as this feels."

Keep up the good work!

Judy

Yup, I'm on flex too, I like counting the points. If I'm feeling week I plan out 3 days meals including snacks. Then I just follow my schedule sometimes I just don't want to think about it. Have you guy's tried the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich ? Hmmmmmm!! and only 2 points.:eek: :)

Dianne

Hi, everybody, You all have really done good with your weight loss. I've been in WW for about 7 weeks now and have lost 12 pounds, it has been going very slow, I started exercising about 3 weeks ago and that seems to have sped the weight loss up. It's hard for me to stay motivated to exercise and walk enough. I can find many excuses to not do it. That and when my muscles are sore it's also an excuse. But also makes me feel like I'm achieving something. My husband told me yesterday that my butt looks a Little bit smaller. I schooled and very happy he noticed that gives me encouragement.

Well until next time

Denise

Hey Denise.

It doesn't matter how fast you lose what matters is that we have all committed to doing something for us. It is good that you are exercising more and you have come to realize thats what you need today. Remember, we didn't put it all on in one day and it won't come off in one day. Keep up the good work and keep exercising and don't forget to drink that water. I am trying to do the 3 w's writing, walking, and water!

Have a good week everyone,

Cheryl

We had a lovely time with our son and DIL. Didn't do any proper exercise but burned up quite a few calories helping with vigorous work on the house.

Problem was, the food. The main meals were OK but I had a pub lunch, a picnic, my share of a celebratory bottle of champagne, a glass of wine and a few chocolates I shouldn't have had. It is a national holiday here today, so not sure if I will WI tonight. I'm torn between paying to find out I have put on and leaving it to next week, giving me the chance to redeem myself. The class is open just to weigh (no chat) but there is no missed week penalty.

BTW, when we WI, it is only measured to the half pounds, not decimal places.

Those of you who fancy a trip to across the pond.

Last year we took a great round Britain cruise on Princess. It was from Southampton and visited Wales, Ireland, southern Ireland, 3 Scottish ports and returned to Southampton. Costs are very high here for hotels, food and transport, but cruising on an American ship means you pay in dollars and don't lose out on the exchange rate. It is why there are so many ships over here now and planned for next year.

Have a good day,

Cinnamon

Cinnamon, it doesn't sound like you fared too badly. I find that these are the times when I really NEED to go to my meeting. Even if it was a planned "off" day, it helps get me immediately refocused on how I want to be doing things on a daily basis. Go and ask not to know the number on the scale and just listen in the meeting. Something may be said that will be beneficial.

Wow, a cruise around England sounds lovely. But there is so much we want to do on our own on shore that I think when we go it'll have to be air and land and we'll have to buck up and take the expense. :-) But your trip sounded really wonderful.

Dianne,

It sounds to me that you know what went wrong today and bounce back tomm. That is what its all about. You found the problem and now its time to fix it. I have days like that and I just get passed it and start over.

Remember, in one of my other posts I wrote something I heard somewhere, If you collapse, don't relapse! It sounds to me that you are back on the right track, knowing what went wrong today. Last night I hand a handful of M'and M's. Instead of beating myself up (like usual) I just counted them as some of the extra 35 points we get a week.

Have a great day tomm!!!!

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl, Your right I'm back at it.

Cinnamon~Now that sounds like a lovely cruise, wouldn't it be fun to jump the pond visit for a few days then see the sights on a cruise, I like that idea.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with DS and DIL, Food is always the problem but your home now:)

Denise~Thank goodness your husband noticed we need to hear those things:D

Marie-Anne, Judy, and everyone else have a good evening,

Dianne

Hi All,

I weighed in tonight and had a loss of 1.6. Slowly but surley.

Cinnamon... Sure does sound lovely. We do want to do that some day. I think you held up quite well.

Dianne you will have no problem bouncing back. We all have every confidence in you.

At my meeting tonight there was a lady who went on a 10 day cruise and LOST4 lbs. I told her next week ( which is really in two weeks cause next week is the holiday) we have to talk so I can get her secret. I'll pass it on to ya'll when I get it.

Have a great week everyone.

Kim

Congratulations Kim! Sure and steady is the way to go.

It sounds like everyone is on the right track, even if we do take a detour or two. Half the battle is knowing what we are doing wrong, putting it behind us and moving on.

Cinnamon, I would love to go overseas someday. We can only afford to cruise every 2 years or so and maybe down the road we'll get there.

Have a great week!

Judy

Thanks for the encouragement I'm working on staying on track. Sometimes I do the mindless eating thing. So now I have the good stuff easy to get to. I need to start writing everything down again. I weigh In on Friday.

Kim~Good job, I would be very happy with 1.6

Have to go out and walk the dog!! More later,

Dianne

Hello everyone! Today was the day..tip the scales day. Well, I lost 2.2lbs..two weeks down 8.2lbs. Hurray!

So, where is everyone going on your cruises after you lose this weight? I'm hoping that we will be on Norwegian cruising the Hawaiian Islands for our Anniversary in April. Haven't booked anything yet.

Have a good one.

Michelle

Sam~ Weigh to go!! keep doing what your doing. Hope fully I will have good news a week from friday. I hoping to just hold my own for tomorrow.

Michelle~That's so great 8.2 for two weeks is outstanding. We are doing a 16 day through the Panama Canal the end of April. Guess I better get busy.

Congrats Ladies, Really Good Job

Dianne

Congratulations sam73 and Mousey56. Keep up the good work.

I posted earlier and I guess it didn't go through and now is in computer limbo somewhere.

I'm invited to a baby shower next week and of course sweets and little sandwiches are some of my favourite foods. Hmmmm....there's not much that isn't my favourite food! :D Anyway, I guess I'll have salad for dinner and indulge.

Michelle, we're going Eastern Carribean in 2008(just got back from a Panama Canal cruise this past April). We'll be celebrating ou 50th birthdays and our 30th wedding anniversay.

Judy

Archived