First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Feeling a bit miserable tonight. I only lost half a pound this week, despite trying quite hard. Only one month left till we cruise. I will have to check my portion sizes. My leader said that on NC (Core Plan) it is very easy to keep eating and not pay enough attention to stopping at 'comfortably full'. She is right, I am not good at throwing food away and will eat all on my plate.

Cinnamon

Alrighty, so.....I gained 2 pounds at todays weigh in....boo

However, I'm very close to my monthly taxes and my leader said it could be that. Also, my cousin from DC visited this weekend and I ate a lot (but didn't go over my weekly allotment). This is week 3 and now I am motivated to start adding more exercise to my schedule. Hopefully next week will be better :o

Hi Everyone,

Just back from weigh in and lost 1.2. I am just so thankful every time I get on that scale and it is down any amount.

Cinamon...A half a pound is a loss!!! You should be very pleased.

Mary....Your leader is probably right. It will show next week. don't be discouraged.

Have a great week everyone.

Kim

Hi everyone I don't weigh in till friday but not a good weekend.

Cinnamon~Have you tried the smaller plate trick. I don't eat off a dinner plate I use a salad plate, I can fill it up and think i'm getting alot. Also if you don't already, eat slowly, they say it takes 20 minutes for your brain to let your tummy know your full. And drink your water.

Aloha Pride~ Bet it's better next week, try changing up you exercise. I swear I lose every time I do that. I think I surprise my body.
Well I guess I better go follow some of my own advice.

Kim~So glad someones having a big week, Your our hero this week.

Dianne

Judy~I forgot Good job! What kind of crafts do you do?

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyonne is doing good. Welcome to all the newbies! It even sounds like there are a few who had slight problems, but it seems like everyone is working to be successful. Weighed in on friday and lost 1.8. Now I am working towards my 10% I need 2.4 pounds to go. Went to visit friends in W. V. this weekend. We went to the buckwheat festival. I did eat some things I shouldn't have. I did walk alot for the two days. Hopefully the walking will help with all the food. Just started to work at it again today and see what happens.

We did bring back a souvenier from our weekend! We adopted a puppy! Not sure I am ready for this, but the husband and my sons are excited. We will see how it goes. Thought I was to old for this stuff!!!

Hi all,
Cinnamon, stick 1/2 lb of butter on your thigh. Now, 1/2 lb is not all that bad, is it?:D You're doing great!

AlohaPride, next week will be better! (monthly taxes...I've never heard that before....cute!)

Kim(best friend of mine) You are an inspiration!

Ist Time Cruiser, only 2.4 lbs to get to your 10%! Wish it was me! Good job! I think I will be able to get more exercise in after we finish the house renovations.(hopefully)

Thanks Diane. As for crafts, I'll try my hand at just about anything, if I think it will make money. Started out baking cakes(took orders for Xmas cakes). Now I crochet, work with felt and a lot of other materials. I'm crocheting a small rug out of strips of material (rag rug) for my newly renovated bedroom. I think I tore a muscle in my shoulder! Really hard on the hands.

Have a good week!:)
Judy

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I know half a pound off is better than putting it on but I just felt disappointed. Trouble is, I can't resist weighing myself at home. When it looks better at WW I believe it and when it looks worse it is depressing. Stupid!!!! I know that weight varies due to water balance and so-on and it evens out eventually but I just wanted to be encouraged.

Still I have been good today and have been working extra hours to help out for a colleague who has broken her arm. Not too good in Dentistry!!!

Keep on track everyone, drink the water and up the exercise.

Cinnamon

Cinnamon,
I shoved my scale way up under the bed so I won't get on mine. (the dust bunnies will get me if go after it! :D )

I wish I could get more water into me. I just drink if I'm really thirsty and that usually means that I'm dehydrated. I start out the day with good intentions, but at the end I look back and see that I only drank about 16 oz. I think I better go have a glass now instead of a cup of tea. Thanks for reminding me!
Judy

Thanks everyone for the kind words of support. I, too, am having trouble drinking all my water, Judy.

Hopefully, by next week I will have lost a bit. It's sad that I'm the coordinator of WW at work and my co-workers are all loosing 7, 6, and 5 pounds each week and I'm loosing 2.6 and gaining 2. In fact, one woman lost 7 the first week and 5 this week. Oh well, I just have to keep going. I LOVE the WAY I'm eatting, so even if I don't loose I'll still be happy :o

Hello everyone, I weighed in today and I lost 2 pounds. I was quite shocked because i weighed myself yesterday and i was up one, go figure. I was so shocked when she said down 2, my eyes welled up with tears. Ihad been frusterated all week thinking i was going to be the same and that I was going to hit a plateue again. So now i have lost 61.5, wow. Keep up the good work everyone and try not to get frusterated because you never know.

Congrats to all the losers and our new people! Well, this Thursdays weigh in went better for me. After a .4 gain, I lost 1.4. So after week 7 I have 15.4lbs gone. What a struggle. This past weekend was tough, ate wedding cake. :-( but I walked my ass (well you know what I mean) off! Walked two miles every day for 4 days straight..I guess it helped.
Michelle

Congrats to all the losers and our new people! Well, this Thursdays weigh in went better for me. After a .4 gain, I lost 1.4. So after week 7 I have 15.4lbs gone. What a struggle. This past weekend was tough, ate wedding cake. :-( but I walked my ass (well you know what I mean) off! Walked two miles every day for 4 days straight..I guess it helped.
Michelle

Michelle....great job!!! I know that made you feel better. Yes it is a struggle, but hopefully worth it. I am in the same vacinity weight loss wise as you and I know about walking your ass off!! LOL;)

This weekend is is our Thanksgiving here in Canada. This will be a good test. My son is making the desert. I am lucky and don't like pumpkin pie so at least that won't be a temptation at least. He said he would bake me some dust.:eek: Should be good. Yumm......

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all our fellow Canadians.:D

Kim

Michelle! Great job!!

Well, even though I gained 2 of my 3 pounds back on Monday, I just had to post that my wedding RINGS fell off my finger yesterday! I might not be loosing much, but I DO see it! I just hope next weeks weigh in is better than this weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving, Kim!

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians. Thanks to finding out about it here, I was able to email my best wishes for the festival weekend to my son who moved to Calgary in June. Here in the UK we have a Harvest Festival celebration in churches in late September/early October, but it not a national thing.

I know I shouldn't weigh myself at home but I can't help myself. If there is any justice in the world, Monday evenings WI at WW should be better than last week's disappointment. I have only just 25 days left until we leave for Florida and our 14 night cruise on Zenith. Trying pretty hard to give myself a weightloss cushion before I leave.

Cinnamon

Saturday lost 2.2. I had an OK week, but I didn't think I did that good!!! It will probably come back to bite me in the posterior. (it's a big target!):D

Went to the bungalow(cottage) on Sunday with some of my family. We had a lovely turkey dinner with all the trimmings. The weather was beautiful and the color of the trees were spectacular! Some went sailing while others(myself included) hung back to cook the meal. The evening was a little nippy, but nothing that a fire couldn't fix. Forgot the marshmallows!! My husband and I left early this morning when they broke out the bacon, eggs and french toast. I have no willpower!!

Tonight we are going to my sister-in-law's, for....... you guessed it! Turkey dinner with all the trimmings!:eek:

Have a great week!
Judy

Well done Judy. Andrew told me he has had 3 Turkey dinners between Tuesday and Sunday.

Went to WI tonight. After being very disappointed with only losing a half pound last week, I managed to register a loss of 3.5lbs this week. WooHoo. I think the scales were not kind to me last week, but 4lbs over the 2 weeks seems about right. I got my third silver 7 (each for losing half a stone) and my 10% award of a keyring. I would now like to lose another 3 or 4lbs before we cruise on 2nd November to give me abit of a cushion for that lovely food.

Cinnamon

Archived