First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

congrats cruisingirl:) well i am just trying to get through the weekend without screwing up. My son is having his birthday party tonight so lots of junk (helpppp) just have to stay focused thin is better than brownie icecream with cake right:D everyone have a great weekend:)

Hi, Did everybody take off for the weekend?? Not very many posts. I guess that my weekend is rather boring. I think that I have done pretty well in my eating habits. I haven't ate during the night for about 1 week now. Last night I woke up but I got satified with just water, but there was certainly an internal battle going on inside of me. (just 1 little snack won't hurt) as if! Sometimes I probally use too many of my points on snacks instead of healthy food:o Hope to hear from you all soon.

Denise

ok. I was soooo bad over the weekend.I had no self control.Back on track today,worked out extra to burn off all those extra calories i consumed. I hope i did not do too much damage,weigh in on wednesday be happy to break even. have a great day:)

Hey Everyone....

I have been reading everyone's posts I just have not had time to chime in! Everyone is doing so well!! CONGRATS to all that have lost and to those of us that have had a bad weekend, well.....let's get back to it today! It's only when you don't get back to WW that it is bad!

I had my entire husband's family (parents, sisters and spouses and their children..total of 18) for the weekend. You know what that means...cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning and eating what is left...who has time to count OR WRITE points? UGH...so, now back on track and back to my routine. That is the key for me, i have to have my routine! Sad but true.

I'm still frustrated over where this weight is coming from. IF you have lost 18.? lbs...shouldn't you SEE where it is coming from? Clothes are beginning to be baggy in some places but in others they still fit fine. At least after I dry jeans now I'm not doing knee-bends to get into them...maybe that is "showing" me something.

Anyone have any remarks/responses to this? For those of you that have lost more than 18.? lbs....when did you have to start buying smaller sizes? At what lb mark? Someone told me that clothes are manufactured for a 10 lb gain or loss....not sure about that comment but it seems to be true in my case.....

Everyone have a wonderful week and keep on track! Together we can loose a person!

Dianne ~ You are so funny!!! LOL

On my experimentation with the AP's...so far, with eating them, I ain't losing nothing! So, I'm going to cut them out. I'm also going to try and up my cardio. Right now, I'm doing 45 minutes in fat burn mode on the treadmill (speed 3.8). I think I'm going to increase my speed or maybe do quick bursts at 4.2.

I'm just really not seeing the results I want. I'm not losing inches either. :(

Howdy - just found these boards - some friends sent me this way - we're cruising to Europe in 10 months - and its time to get serious. I have rejoined WW myself - I won't tell you how many tries this is.

Looking forward to seeing all your great ideas!!!

I'm still frustrated over where this weight is coming from. IF you have lost 18.? lbs...shouldn't you SEE where it is coming from? Clothes are beginning to be baggy in some places but in others they still fit fine. At least after I dry jeans now I'm not doing knee-bends to get into them...maybe that is "showing" me something.

Debbie~You are not alone in this it's a small pet peeve of mine. Yes we are doing it for ourselves, but Darn I have almost lost 20 (depending on the day) I have lost a size in most clothes but some are just loose. I don't have to lay down on the bed to zip my jeans so that's nice. But no one notices. My husband has lost 15 every where we go people comment of the weight he's lost. I just think we carry it all over so until I get into the 150's this is something I need to except. Keep in mind we feel better and have more energy!

Oh BTW Debbie I have to ask you? HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT????? YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!:)

Dianne

Michfish~Welcome I'm on my 3 rd time back at WW and this time I will do it. For me it's plan plan plan1 I know I will get off track sometimes like since July 4th!!!!But I'm back at it.

Glad your here.

I have to run everyone but hang in there!!!!

Dianne

Sheila, I have found that interval training really challenges your body.I was running 3-5 miles 5 days a week and I hurt my hip,so i had to lay off running so i tried other things and i am noticing results.Now I am trying to start running so what I am doing is running 2 min. then walk 1 min. I do this for 30 min then i do 40 on the eliptical doing a interval program. I know i do way to much cardio but I am hooked.Also adding in some weights has helped me.I just try to change things up so I dont get bored.I am also a Sheila to,( sam just stands for my initials.):)

Debbie~

Oh BTW Debbie I have to ask you? HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT????? YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!:)

Dianne

YEAH Dianne, You are my hero!!!

You are so right!!

I sit here and think, gosh...I do need to loose a lot of weight as I realize it is coming off..but where??? I'm with you All the way!! Thanks again girl! You can always inspire us! Keep posting!!!

Welcome Michfish! This site is wonderful! I am on my first round of WW but because of this site everyone here keeps me motivated! It is like attending a meeting whenever you need one! And sometimes, I don't post a thing but read the posts that are going on between others; that works for me as well as anything else that I do!

Good luck to everyone this week! I weigh-in tonight...think of me about 6:30pm eastern standard time!!!

Welcome MichFish. This is my first time with weight watchers and I'm in my 2nd week of it. I have tried just about every quick and easy weight loss program there is.....immediate gratification. But the best I have ever got was temporary loss double back gain. Several women in and around my life have been using WW and have great success. Maybe it's time I grow up and be an adult and be responsible for my own body. I really like the flex program because it allows me choices for what ever mood I'm in, and hardly ever need to go over my allotted points. Yet if I do there are those bonus points. So there is no pressure on me that I HAVE TO DIET!!! Just keep track of my points and try to eat responsibly.

So there is no pressure on me that I HAVE TO DIET!!! Just keep track of my points and try to eat responsibly.

Goodmorning Imdasister, Sounds like you have a really good attitude about WW. The only thing I would do and it's minor but I did the same thing, your not on a diet your changing your Way Of Eating (WOE). When I first came to these boards everyone was saying that, Sheila finally told me what it meant. And it makes sense, we only diet for awhile then we go off it. This is a lifestyle change and we are doing for our health. (And to fit into those size 8 jeans:D) I will be happy with size 12 oh maybe 10.

Keep up the good work

Dianne

Dianne ~ You are such a positive influence on here!! Keep up the good work!! :D BTW, you won't be happy with a size 12. LOL When I was a size 18-20W, I said if I could only get to a size 12, I'd be soooo happy! When I got to a size 12, I said if I could only get to a size 10, I'd be soooo happy! Now, at a size 10, I'm saying, "If I could only get into a size 8, I'd be soooo happy!" LOL

Sheila (hello, like your name!) ~ Last night I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. I incorporated jogging bursts and would do them for 2 minutes each. I'm not a good jogger so I probably looked ridiculous. LOL Anyway, I could really tell a difference and it felt as if I was getting a much better cardio workout. You DO do a lot of cardio. WOW!! I'm not addicted, unfortunately. I hate cardio but love to lift weights. ;)

Good Job sam73. I remember that 1 time I lost weight was really motivated to loose more. Like how low can you go. I had made down to 113 but that was not healthy for me nor did I keep that off for more then 2 weeks. I do believe that if I continue WW and being sensible that the weight loss is a great motivator to keep doing what your doing. I right now have my goal at size 12. But I would so much like to be in a smaller size. Hopefully I will. If I can keep the weight off my husband promised me a tummy-tuck to get rid of the empty hanging folds.

I will say that as time goes on in this woe my cravings for sweets have drastically decreased. YEAH I never thought that could happen.

Wow, were the computers slow today or what! Sam great job and you were worried.

Imdasister, I'm trying for a size 12 right now too. In fact I bought an incentive dress today. It's for our Panama cruise next April, size 12 hope I have to take it in.:D

Dianne

Hey Everyone!

What a fast and crazy week it has been!

Well, I weighed in...I have lost 2.4 lbs this week and I hit the 10% point! I never thought a key chain would mean so much!!

Now, 30 more to go and I will hit goal! I'm sure that won't be as easy! I'm shooting for the size 12 too! 10 would be wonderful but a 12 would be just fine! Can I do that by Dec. 2nd? Can I go from a tight 14 to a 12 by Dec. 2nd??? That is my short term goal!

Wow...everyone else seems to be doing good also!!! I'm telling everyone, this board is 50% of my inspiration...YOU GUYS do it for me! Even when I don't have time to post..I ALWAYS take the time to read your Posts! Thanks for staying on here and keeping us all motivated!

Have a good day and keep counting...

Hi everyone! I'm officially boycotting the scale!! I stayed the same this week even thought I've been working my tail off at the gym AND sticking to my points. I talked to the personal trainer and he told me to STAY OFF THE SCALE! My clothes are fitting better and some of them are even getting loose so I know I'm doing some good. The scale is in the closet!

I hope all of you have a better weigh-in than me. :D

Sheila~Awesome your seeing results, that's all we need . Right! The scales should be in the closet because we all go through so many up's and down's mine were in the garage till DH brought them back up stairs, now he's on them daily and posessed. Keeps yelling out thease mini goals for no reason. "190 by Halloween, 180 by our Cruise" it's the first time he has been under 200 in 15 years. Why do men lose weight so much faster???

He has a right to be proud was 230 in march 198 today, I know because he yelled it out this morning!!

Belle, This is so great, I remember the keychain wasn't that long ago. You can definitly get to your size 12 by Dec 2. Especially if your adding exercise. I got real lazy for a month but am back on track now, shooting for the size 12 then 10...... Let's go for it!!:)

Dianne

Congrats Debbie:) Sheila, i applaud you for getting rid of the scale. I get on the darn thing everyday sometimes more than once. Women, our bodies fluctuate so much it is annoying.I have thought about having my husband hide the scale,but I dont have that will power yet.it is so upsetting to work your tail off and lose nothing,but staying the same is better than gaining.Just think of all that muscle you are building and inches you are losing. have a good day

Hello All - I have not posted in a very long time - I kind of lost motivation somewhere along the way. I lost 3 of the 6 I wanted to and have since gained it back. I need any and all motivation anyone may have for me. Its like I know what I need to do to lose weight - I just cant seem to motivate myself to do so. I have a wedding to go to in a week (yes I know the total of 10 pounds will not happen by then), performing Swan Lake in 2 weeks (nothing like a white leotard to show it all), and would just lke to feel more confident in my body like I did back in January. On my December cruise, I wore my bikini with pride! It may have been one of the best feelings in the world. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Archived