Geocaching while Cruising

ngl116

Has anyone gone Geocaching while cruising? My husband and I are geocachers and have finds in Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. We're hoping to find some caches on our cruise in October. I have a hide where I work and it's always fun to meet other cachers, just wanted to see if there are any on these boards!

If you don't know what geocaching is check out www.geocaching.com.

You might run a search because I read another rather lengthy thread on geocatching, but I'm not sure exactly where on the board it is. There were a lot of sites in the Caribbean according to the posters. Sounds like a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

Yipee I found something about this. My husband and I Geocache every Sunday. (his day wknd day of). We love it. He posted somewhere today Sunday but we can't seem to find our post. Maybe MOderator removed cause I think it was in the wrong place. WE are going on our first cuise August 7th. Monarch of the Sea. Anyone Geo let me know.....

Mitchie-Before you cruise check out your ports on geocaching.com and see if there are geocaches close to where you will be! We found this cool little bar in Cozumel, but only because we were searching for a cache.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And I thought I was the only nerd on here! :)

We're sailing on the Crown Princess in Nov. and have found caches listed in St. Martin and Antigua that should be pretty accessible as they're on popular beaches. My wife can lay in the sun while I poke around in the weeds for a cache. At least a GPS unit is cooler looking than a metal detector and you don't have to wear black socks while using one!

Your old pal,

Joe

We're not nerds! I am going to teach my Girl Scout troop about GPS units and have them find a cache we are planting for them tomorrow night. We have found some pretty cool caches that involed a lot of thought and skill. The guy named Seth! that produced the CD on Geocaching.com is a friend from high school-he's the one that got my family hooked!

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring the GPS on my up coming cruise. I am cruising with a friend this time instead of the family. Would hate to find the cache without the rest of the team.

Archived