Goff's Cay Excursion Now Showing

elaineb

The Goff's Cay snorkel excursion is finally showing on my CCL Belize excursions and I'm 60 days out from my cruise. So I booked it today. Just wanted to alert others who were also anxiously waiting. Hang in there and hopefully it will come up for you as you get closer to your cruise.

Just returned from the Glory yesterday, and went on the Goff's Caye Excursion through the ship. We really enjoyed it; although the seas were somewhat rough. We decided not to snorkel off of the island, but to remain on the boat. We were so happy that we did. I'm not a strong swimmer so I grabbed a life jacket in addition to the one that you wear. I found it easier to float on that and then not have to worry about the waves; etc., so much. We saw some wonderful coral, and also some beautiful fish. It was not as plentiful (fish wise) as it was off of St. Thomas, but we still enjoyed it. After we snorkeled off the boat, we got back on and went to the little private island. It was nice, but is very small. Snorkeling was not as good but was a nice place to relax.

• 1 month later...

I would book it through one of the vendors at the port when you get off the tender. Carnival, and other cruise lines, charge alot more than the vendors themselves. I went to Goff Caye, but through one of the companies that are stationed on the dock. Either way it's beautiful!!

DSCN0313.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

We did the Goff's Caye excursion through Carnival a year ago April on the Glory. While it wasn't as good as Chanakaab in Cozumel (our opinion) it was still fun. We had the morning tour and were picked right up at the ship. The ride to the Caye isn't long and never felt any motion sickness on the smaller boat. Lots of people couldn't keep up with the snorkeling from shore but my DH and I just kept swimming around. About half the group snorkeled from the boat which may have been easier. The island is small but beautiful. Local vendors sold a few things and my DH even purchased some kabobs on an outdoor grill. At that time, the chairs had to be rented but there were a couple of picnic tables. We were back on the ship around lunch time. Showered, had lunch and then tendered in to the village area of Belize. For us, it was a great day. Next time, I would do the River Wallace and ruin tour. We heard great reviews from people on our cruise as well as on this board.

We did the Goff's Caye excursion through Carnival a year ago April on the Glory. While it wasn't as good as Chanakaab in Cozumel (our opinion) it was still fun. We had the morning tour and were picked right up at the ship. The ride to the Caye isn't long and never felt any motion sickness on the smaller boat. Lots of people couldn't keep up with the snorkeling from shore but my DH and I just kept swimming around. About half the group snorkeled from the boat which may have been easier. The island is small but beautiful. Local vendors sold a few things and my DH even purchased some kabobs on an outdoor grill. At that time, the chairs had to be rented but there were a couple of picnic tables. We were back on the ship around lunch time. Showered, had lunch and then tendered in to the village area of Belize. For us, it was a great day. Next time, I would do the River Wallace and ruin tour. We heard great reviews from people on our cruise as well as on this board.

I did the same thing when we sailed on the Glory. We took the early excursion and although I usually prefer private tours I really liked this one through Carnoval. It was such a bonus to be able to get on the the excursion boat right from the ship!! We were returnrd to the Glory in time to have a bite to eat and then take a tender over to shore and shop and hang out for a while.

The excursion boat was a little crowded for my taste as I am used to the private excursion and smaller groups but the convenience and times made up for that! Additionally, the tour guides were very good and there seemed to be a good number of them during the snorkel.

Thanks Chelsea for sharing the pictures. Looks wonderful! I decided to go with Carnival instead of a private tour for the exact reasons Liza has posted - convenience of being picked up right at the ship and the time. I get a bug bite just by walking outside, so being picked up at the ship will be great for me. Trying to avoid the nasty bot fly larvae transmitted by mosquitos. If anyone got it, it would be me. If there is one bug in the world, it would find me!!!:p

can you tell me what you held your money, s&s card and things in. i am a great swimmer but this will be the first beachy/snorkeling adventure for me and i dont know how to bring along my things and not worry about them getting stole or wet. i dont have my own gear either. is the ships tour equipment ok or should i buy and pack my own for this first time use. thanks for any tip. also can you tell me how the tour was. i am planning my funds already for trip next april. thanks, music

• 1 month later...

I'm So Glad To Hear About You Guys Talking Of The Glory Goff's Caye Excursion- I Started To Book It And Then Just Thought About How Expensive It Will Be- Especially Since We Have An Infant And Child- So One Of Us Will Be Parked On The Beach The Whole Time. I'm Gathering That They Take Everyone To The Caye And Then Take People Out On The Boat That Want To Go??? That Would Be Ideal For Us, We Can't Be Stuck In The Boat The Whole Time.

My Husband Is A Diver, But Doesn't Want To Dive Without Me - So We're Trying To Find A Vendor Who Will Take Us All Out Somewhere So We Can Take Turns Snorkeling- I Just Keep Thinking About How Much $150 (for Carnival Excursion) Will Buy On Shore- When I Know The Water Taxi To Caye Caulker Is $15 And We Can Bring Snorkel Stuff.....i Really Don't Want To Waste 2 Hour Commute Each Way Though!

Help! Jennifer

• 1 month later...
CVL105-

Do you happen to remember the name of the company you used? I am trying to find companies that go to Goffs.

I honestly have no idea...but they have little booths on the "pier" at the port. We just walked up to one. I think they're all about the same. The one we went to was a little cabin looking hut. Literally fit a stool and register in there. They had snorkeling equipment behind the hut. If I remember correctly, they were directly in front of the gas pumps on the pier. I'm actually pretty positive it was located there. But I'm not sure that they were the only gas pumps there. I think you will be safe no matter which "vendor" you choose once you get to the pier. They probably all do the same thing and are most likely the same price.

Archived