Early Arrival for Deaprture from Nice

Cruisin Simon

I wonder if anyone can help or has had the same problem? We are boarding SeaDream II at Nice on 20 May, but our flight arrives into Nice quite early. Does anyone know whether there is anywhere to leave your luggage at the port until the official boarding time of 14:00?

We will probably get to the port at around 11:00 so don't want to have to drag our luggage around for 3 hours.

When I contacted SeaDream, they said I had to contact their Port Agent, but have had no response from them.

Many thanks, Simon

I assume your flight gets in around 9 if you thinnk you can make it to the port by eleven. Why not rent a car or hire a car and driver for half a day and head to Eze for lunch. The Chevre D'or has probably the most romantic outdoor lunch patio on the French Riviera and I can not think of a better way to cool my heels before stepping aboard Sea Dream.

I have no idea if the port agent will accept your luggage, nor would I think I would want them to hours before I embarked. Other Sea Dreamers have headed over to Monaco early on and went to the spa at The Hotel de Paris where they will let you check your luggage. I am sure some of the Nice hotels would do the same if you were using their services.

Chevre d'Or is also my favourite spot. Sitting there with a glass of pink Champagne is a wonderful way to start a cruise.... It is nice to have a car taking you for some sigthseeing around before going to the port. If you are not there by 2 they will still have Champagne for you, so do not worry if you are not the first one up the gangway. Enjoy

We arrived early in Nice too. Took a cab to the dock and dropped off our luggage right at the ship (to SeaDream staff) - no problem at all. The we just walked back to the main drag and had a perfectly delightful day in the market, having a leisurely outdoor lunch, and sat on the pebbly beach before walking back to the ship. This was in 2002 and I assume it docks in the same place.

We left from Nice last year - and dropped the luggage by the ship about 11:00 AM - they accepted it without any problems. We just walked the promonade and had a great lunch until embarkation time. Love the idea of getting a car and driving to Eze.

Archived