Spinning on AOS

We will be cruising Adventure of the Seas and my husband is a spinning freak. He is very excited that there is spinning on the ship...he is insisting on bringing his clip shoes. (sorry, I don't know what they're called as I am not a "spinner.") I think I read in another thread that they do not have the right pedals for those? If I can convince him not to bring them, it would free up some space in the suitcase, but he just can't believe that they would not have those kind of pedals. Anyone "in the know?"

I am also a spin fanatic and insisted on taking all the spin classes they offered on the Carnival Victory. Tell your husband that these classes are ok- but they are really geared toward beginners. You won't need clip shoes- because the bikes have to accomodate everyone so they have the straps to put over your sneakers- or the little cage like thing - including people who have never taken a spin class before. Of course, you can just adjust your resistance to make sure you still get a challenging workout- but don't take the classes too seriously or expect too much. The instructors really don't have that much experience teaching the classes- but its fun to be taking a class on a cruise anyway.

Thanks, jled! :) Would you believe my husband called Royal Carribean to double check, LOL?! No, they do not have the clippy-pedal-things. He's a little bummed, but I think he'll survive for a week...at least they have bikes. And...I now have more room in the suitcase...hmmm...:rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived