Cruise Director on Valor...question?

Criscomia

I've been reading some of the threads on this site and have hear a couple really unflattering comments about the Cruise Director on valor.....is she that bad????

I was on in April and it was Brett Allen and Jen (something). She was an English gal. I actually liked her better than Brett.

I was on the 4/23 sailing, and Jen Baxter was the CD. She was just okay. English gal with a few jokes and such. Didn't really make or break the cruise however. It was a great cruise with a friendly and courteous staff!

You'll have a blast!

We were on the Valor in December when the CD was a Canadian woman, Rebecca Llewellyn--probably the one about whom you read the unflattering remarks. As previous posters have mentioned, she has not been the CD on more recent Valor cruises. From what I can tell from reading these boards (the only way I can keep my cruise jones stoked for the time being--LOL), there has been a diffferent CD almost every month. They seem to move around a lot!

Seriously though, I didn't think that Rebecca was that bad. Only heard a couple of "whoo hoo"'s the entire week, both at appropriate times. I think that some folks expect the CD to be as clever as the entertainers--if that is important to you, you may find a more low key person a bit disappointing. If not, a laid back CD will definitely not ruin your cruise.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

NO, the CD won't make or break the cruise. I just heard she was loud and obnoxious over the loud speaker......VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING. Hey, I'm a morning person, but people were talking about her getting on at 6:30 am. I'm usually up by then, but that's a little early to be soooooooo loud!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input everyone.

We cruised on the Valor in mid May of 2005, and we loved Brett!

We thought he was very entertaining, but that's just my opinion.

I believe Brett is from Canana, and we often still joke about how he said "out and about".

We just returned from the Valor today. The cruise director was Brett Alans - he was OK, he reminded me of what Al Gore would be like if he was a cruise director, corny and stiff - but the Cruise Directors rarely make a difference for myself and my husband. He did mention that he was not there about a month ago due to a family issue and his assistant Jen took over for the week. I would say he's exactly what I expect in a cruise director.

I agree with Rob, we just got off today also and found Bret to be nice but somewhat insincere. Either way, he didn't really enhance or damage our experience.

He did NOT get on the lousdpeaker early in the morning; and personally I didn't find he or Jenn to be on the lousdpeaker any more than other CD's on our past cruises. Heck, he even made me laugh a few times.

I was on the Valor Feb/March of this year when the CD was Steve Casale and no one could possible be worse then this guy. His assistant was a young guy named Ryan who was great - we wished he was the CD!

It's been mentioned in the post by the Ecstasy Social Director that Rebecca is now on the on his ship with him.

We sailed on the Valor in January of this year. I'd read so many not quite nice things about her that I was kind of afraid.

In the end, I took all those comments like I do about food or wait staff - it's all personal choice. She was really quite nice. Not loud, not on all the time or too early. I'd have no problem having her as a CD on any ship again.

We cruised on the Valor in mid May of 2005, and we loved Brett!

We thought he was very entertaining, but that's just my opinion.

I believe Brett is from Canana, and we often still joke about how he said "out and about".

Brett Alan is from Orlando Florida. We had Brett on the Valor this past March, He is awesome, he have been with Carnival for over 23 years working up the ranks and finally a CD, He does an AWESOME Magic show with his Birds. Next to Michael Mullane and Jenni, he is a true CD.

Fred

I'm assuming we're talking about the same Brett, on the Valor.

He said he was from Canada, and so did his accent.

Either way, we liked him. He was funny.

Maybe age has something to do with CD preference. We're in our early 40's.

Corrine- The Brett everyone is taking about is not the same one you are thinking of. Brett Alans was on the Legend last May. I've now sailed with him three times as CD. Most people who have sailed with Brett Alans don't care for him. For me, he certainly is not the best CD Carnival has. He is also not the worst I have sailed with. I guess after reading these boards I didn't have high expectations for sailing with him. To me it sounds like he has his whole routine memorized. Nothing spontaneous.

Just off the Valor last week and the CD was as others mentioned......an Al Gore type of guy....stiff and boring. Jen-elicious as she refers to herself is a total waste to have on the ship...She's loud, can't understand half of what she says with that accent of hers. The bottom line for me....I could care less who the CD is, it doesn't do one thing for me one way or the other. I never had to deal with them. I seldom paid attention to what they were saying.

Archived